005 | Friends Now

Savannah's pov

After getting to know Sarah we went back to my room because sarah was tired and so was I. I had a nap and sent Dan, Kerry and Amelia home because they didn't need to be here while I slept. The doctors did a few tests too but I knew more as to come. When I woke up I decided to go and see Sarah since she was going to be on her own too.

"Knock Knock" I smiled walking into the room to see an awake Sarah.

"You alright?" Sarah asked as I walked over to her.

"Yeah, just thought you'd like some company, I know what it's like to be in hospital on your own" I smiled Sarah. Sarah smiled towards me and grinned

"Amelia mentioned that you've got other things wrong with you, I hope you don't mind me asking but what are they?" Sarah asked with a small sound of nervousness in her voice.

"No it's alright" I paused taking a deep breath as I composed myself.

"I have recently been diagnosed with cancer, I start having treatment on Monday but I know it will affect my heart so I guess I'll be spending a lot more time in hospital which means I'll miss more school" I shrugged knowing Sarah has been missing school too

"How much school have you missed lately?" Sarah asked me

"A lot, in the last month I've probably been to school twice because I've felt so unwell my social worker decided to keep me off but get me work" I explained sitting beside Sarah.

"School is a major part of our life and here we are missing it because we're in hospital. I already missed a lot of school when I had cancer and now here I am awaiting a heart transplant" Sarah sighed.

"I know we've just met but your my friend now and I'm going to be here for you through it all" I smiled to Sarah who looked at me as if she was lost for words.

"You really don't have to do that" Sarah finally spoke with a small smile on her face.

"I know but we are now friends. It's not like I'd let you go through it all on your own and that's a promise" I nodded, I yawned as I sat back and pulling the cannula from my arm as it got caught around the chair

"Well that wasn't meant to happen" Sarah and I both sat at the same time when we see my arm

"You should go see a nurse, get it out back in" Sarah nodded just as a nurse walked into her room.

"Came to check your obs Sarah" Nurse Jenna spoke as she walked into Sarah's room.

"Savannah I was looking for you, you can come back to sit with Sarah after I've done both of your obs" Nurse Jenna looked at my arm and spotted my cannula.

"And I'll put that back in" she nodded.

"See you in a few Sarah" I nodded to my new friend as I stood up and made my way back to my hospital room to wait for Nurse Jenna but waiting didn't bother me, I was just happy to have a new friend.

Wrote - 10th September 2018
Posted - 17th September 2018