Chapter 1

Through the slim skin of my eye lids, lights flashed.

On, off, on, off.

Voices cheered, " Ivy! Ivy! Ivy!" Though all I could see was black, then light, repeated. The voices cheer my name louder. 'What is happening?', I thought.

I could feel heavy material rapped around me, from neck to toes.

Then realisation hit me, I was on a catwalk, everyone was cheering me on. Maybe I was wearing my favourite designer, Mark Castle, 's latest fashion. Was I finally a 5 star model? was this real?

The voices continued cheering louder, until they sounded angry.

Then I opened my eyes.

My 6 year old brother, Zavier, was standing at the door, turning my bedroom lights on and off, while screaming at me. And it turns out I wasn't wearing any new fashion, well at least I don't think, blankets might just be the next trend.

I sighed. not just yet, not just yet would I be Victorias next secret model.

"Ivy, if you don't get up mum says we have to leave you." Zavier put on an almost 'cute' glare.

If you'd ever met Zavier, you'd know he's one of the biggest smart-asses you've ever met, even for an arrogant little 6 year old boy. my parents make jokes about him, like 'he's so smart by the time he's 15 he'll grow a second head to fit another brain in.'

Where as I am just the 'first child' that never has anything 'special' about them. of course my parents didn't actually say that to me, but every parent knows it.

I have dreams though, since I was young I've dreamed of being a model. my mum always said it was a bad lifestyle and I didn't have the 'right body'. perhaps she's right, perhaps she not. that's up to me to find out for myself.

Mum stopped at my door and picked up Zavier.

"Oh come on Ivy! Get dressed or else your going in your pajamas! I know you love going to the markets so GET UP!" He frowned at me then turned to look at Zavier in her arms , then strolled off down the hallway.

I forced myself to get up. mum was right though, I did love the markets. By the way, my name is Ivy Bridget.