Chapter 7

"Why are you here? why am I here?" I continued asking Trixie questions.

She signalled for me to stop with her finger. I listened to her command, bringing my arms behind my back in embarrassment.

"Is this a dream?" I tempted myself.

"No. no it's not a dream. fortunately, it unfortunately." I gulped so hard my throat felt like I'd just swallowed a train.

"What's happening? your a min reader. you should be able to tell me. did you see this in my future?" I took a step closer to her. regretting how annoying I must have been after. I but my lip, resisting to say more.

"I'll tell you everything if you just shush ok?" she let out a sigh, tilting her head at me.

I nodded fast, then zipped my finger across my lips as if it were a pencil case.

Trixie turned and started walking in the opposite direction and I followed.

"It all started with your birthday wish, which I warned you to be careful about. can you remember exactly what you wished for?"

"Yes. I wished to live in California living the life of a model with my Da-", shock and realisation hit me like a bus.

"My Dad! oh my god I get it! I get it! oh my god my wish came true! wait. but why? How come none of my other birthday wishes came true?" I stopped walking. Trixie stopped too.

"Your cursed." she looked at the floor.

"W-what do you mean. cursed?" more questions filled my head.

"Well. you're born with a curse. a very rare curse. They call it the replacement curse. on a girls 13th birthday, if she is born with this curse, her birthday wish will come true."

"Why is it called the replacement curse? what does it mean? is that it?"

Trixie raised an eyebrow at me,

"What did I tell you?"

"Sorry." i wiggled my toes.

"Well, you're simply living another girls life right now. I never said this curse was good for everyone. the life you are living right now, was stolen from another girl. you have, well, 'replaced' her. But in this life you are still 12. But your birthday is in a month. if you wish to go back to your old life. the girl you have replaced will be freed from a hell-like place she is locked in, right at this second. if you wish for something else. well I don't know what will happen. but I know it's very, very bad. for you and her."