Chapter 8

This was great.

I lay on my bed, looking out my opened doors that lead onto a balcony. out from the balcony was a series of streets, dressed with beautiful palm trees and expensive houses. just beyond the neighbourhood, was a long beach. as far as I could look, the sand didn't stop.

Yesterday I also discovered I was living in California. Seeya, cold Canada!

How could I think like that, I thought to myself. How could I not miss Canada, I have never lived anywhere else! I mean, I DID miss Canada. I miss... well, I don't miss the snow. or the grey Skye's. but I did miss.. um.. I miss the markets. not even a Californian market on the beach could beat the markets.

I sighed to myself. there's not much to miss in Canada. but it just didn't feel right that I was enjoying myself.

" Morning honey! how did you sleep? Caryn sent in the pics from your photoshoot, and they look great! Caryn also said that she sent them straight to CTM the second she saw them. if CTM like the photos, which I'm sure they will, then you'll be modelling for big brands! " Mum entered the room, though she had started talking halfway through the hallway. I still heard her though. laughing a little, I nodded.

" Wow. you sound excited. " I smiled.

I hadn't quite understood all these modelling brands and stuff yet, but I'm sure I'll catch on soon. I just need to get a hang of this dream life.

" Aren't you? " mum tilted her head, confused.

"Yes. I am, really. uh, just a little tired." I wasn't lying. I was tired, and if I had a clue of what was going on right now, then I'd probably be excited. mum put a cup, which I didn't realise she was holding, on my bedside table. she smiled. I loved mums smile, it could cheer me up, any time, any where. she leaned down to kiss my forehead. I smiled, and shivered. I'm glad that in this new life my mum was still the same.

But something just didn't feel right. I know something was up, I couldn't get my finger on it, but something was up.

"Well, I made you a hot chocolate. Just the way you like it." mum gestured to the cup on my bedside table.

"Thanks." I mumbled, suddenly feeling uncomfortable. Mum left the room.

The hot chocolate steamed away. I twitched my nose to the sweet smell.

"Not right now." I whispered, as if the drink could hear me.

Flopping down onto my back, I thought about what Trixie had said yesterday.

'You have replaced another girls life.'

Some lucky girl. frustration tugged at me like a mosquito bite. I was keeping this girl in a torturous place? I need to talk to Trixie. Now. I have so many questions to ask still.

***************

Hey

I'm sorry for this lousy chapter, but I'm gonna work on chapter 9 tonight. I've just had no idea what to do with this story lately but I have planned out everything over he past week so hopefully I can be writing ever night or 2. Please comment, vote and sharrreeee.