Chapter 3

I slouched through the hallway, dragging my lazy feet across our tiled floor.

It's not like I WANTED to buy that train for Zavier. I had 2 choices. public humiliation or wasting all our money on an arrogant pig.

As soon as we got home he hasn't even taken the train out of its packaging. who knows what I could have bought for myself with 30 bucks.

"So what did you get from the markets Ivy? did you treat yourself?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Yea. I guess. I bought Zavier a train."

My mum slowly lowered her face into a frown.

"And...that's it?"

Of course I couldn't tell my mum, 'that was it'. because it's my mum, she'll either yell at me or Zavier. and either way I end up getting grounded. I know you might think of her as an annoying mum, who gets angry over the slightest things, but she's SO much worse. you see, she failed at life trying to get a job. the only reason we have money is because my father works in the mines and brings home thousands. but he's only home during the holidays, since he works on the other side of our country. and if I never mentioned what country I live in, its Canada. the cold, snowy, frosting part. most people imagine Canada as a beautiful place where everyone goes skiing down hills and the cold is worth it.

It's not.

Well atleast not in Winnipeg, which is my city. The sky is always grey and the snow isn't any beautiful landscape, it's just another annoying part of life.

" Ah no, no. I um. I bought a hot chocolate and," I scanned my room and found a pair of flats is bought last week shopping with my grandma, that I never showed mum, "those shoes. $10."

She raised her eyebrows,

" hey! they would go well with this dress I bought you! " she pulled out a beautiful black, knee length dress. the chest half was a soft black, then, connected with a beautiful, teale coloured bow, was a decorative black material. it looked like something a ballerina would wear, or even a model. I grabbed the dress, mouth wide open.

"Ohhh thank you mum! Thankyou, thank you, thank you!" I wrapped my arms around her waste.

"Thought you'd like it sweety. a kind lady was selling it for just $20. I thought it would look nice for you to wear to church tomorrow, hey, and guess what else is happening tomorrow?" mum looked down on me with a mischievous grin.

"My birthday!" i remembered,

"My baby is turning 13. Oh you grow up so fast Ivy."

I smiled. ok, my mum isn't as bad as a make her out to be, but I guess there's good and bad in everyone.