Chapter 5

"Happy birthday Ivy!" My family chorused together, standing at my doorway.

I couldn't say I was happy that they've woken me up this time in the morning, but it was great to see them appreciating the fact that it was my birthday, and jut that made me feel amazing.

Wow. I was turning 13. I imagined this day when I was young, but I'd hoped by now I would have started my modelling career. But that's not how life works. I think you just need to focus on what's happening right now, and right now, my loving family wanted to treat me with presents. and I was perfectly ok with that.

Zavier jumped onto the end of the bed, giving me one of his famous smiles, and handed me a cute box with pretty patterns on it, topped with a purple bow.

I untied the bow and opened the box. Right now it just looked like a ball of tissue paper, but inside was the most beautiful necklace I have ever seen, made of which looked like gold.

"Is this?" I stuttered among my words,

"Yep. hard, shiny gold." Mum's words were loving and comforting.

"He picked it out himself. it was expensive, but I could bare with the fact of you not having that necklace." I clumsily smiled at her.

It really was beautiful. something else that I had just noticed was the rock, right in the centre of the necklace. it was sapphire. that's my birthstone!

"Aw, thank you so much Zavier. it's... beautiful! I couldn't have asked for more. except you. I love you Zave." I leaned forward and gave him a bear hug.

About 7 presents later Mum and Zavier left the room to get the last gift. I looked over all my amazing presents. I had got the necklace, an outfit, drawing kit with paints and pencils, hair straightener, a beautiful jewellery box, a 5SOS CD, and my favourite. A beautiful, metre long painting. it was a large meadow with beautiful flowers, and a girl standing among the Daisy's in the right corner. when I looked at that painting I felt as if I could just float away into it, and sleep in the meadow with that girl. I felt like I was IN the meadow WITH her.

Zavier and mum walked into my room holding a humongous chocolate fudge cake. that was my favourite!

13 sparkling candle lit the cake, in the centre I read 'happy b'day Ivy!', which looked like Zavier's handwriting. how cute! they made this themselves!

I loved my family so much.

Mum layer the cake on my lap,

"Happy birthday beautiful girl. make a wish. I know you're going to do big things when your older." she smiled at me in the most loving way I've ever seen her smile.

"I love you mum."

Then I looked back to the cake an thought of what I wanted most. I remembered what the fortune lady said, 'make your wishes wisely', or something like that. I tried to get her out of my head. I then thought of my wish.

My family, including my Dad, to live in a big house in California, and I lived the modelling life I have always dreamed of.

Woosh.

The candles were now melting pieces of wax, unlit.

I closed my eyes, opening them only to find myself in a room. It was filled with pictures of me. where the heck was I?