PROMISE

Chapter 3: Promise

Tee had woken up the next morning at about six, her body clock used to that because that was the time she always awoke in the lab. El had woken up at about seven and seen Tee messing with the radio again. She shuffled over and watched the girl mess with it when Mike moved up the blanket and sat down in front of them.

"Hey, you found my supercomm," Mike smiles at Tee, "Pretty cool, huh? I talk to my friends with it. Mostly Lucas, 'cause he lives so close. Signal's pretty weak."

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out two waffles for the two along with one pill, "Got you guys breakfast."

He passed an eggo to both of them and then gave the white pill to Tee. She looked at him, completely confused as he walked away and grabbed a bottle of water for her.

"You swallow it, it'll take away the pain of your head," Mike explains to her, Tee looks at him, uncertain. He gives her a big smile and a nod and she puts the pill in her mouth before swallowing it down with water. She coughs lightly afterward and Mike smiles.

"Good job, Tee," Mike smiles and she smiles back before biting into her waffle and looking over at El who was messing with the supercomm.

"I see the peas helped with the swelling too," Mike says to Tee as he examines her bruise from afar, "it doesn't look as bad as it did."

Tee passed him the peas back, saying a small, "t-thank you, Mike." Mike just smiled, putting them on the floor next to him.

"So listen, this is gonna sound a little weird, but I just need you to go out there," He Points to a window, "Then go to the front door and ring the doorbell. My mom will answer and you'll tell her that you guys are lost and that you need help. But whatever you do, you can't tell her about last night or that you know me. Understand? Really, it's no big deal. We'll just pretend to meet each other again. And my mom, she'll know who to call." Mike explains as if it's very simple, but El remembers what happened last time that kind of thing happened.

"No," El says to him as she stops eating her waffle.

"No?" Mike asks.

"No," she says again.

"No you don't want my mom to get help?" He asks, she shakes her head at him as Tee looks at the ground. "You guys in trouble, aren't you?"

Tee nods her head as she looks over at El, who gave Tee a look as if not to say any more.

"Who... Who are you in trouble with?" Mike asks Tee this time, seeing the look El had. Tee just shakes her head as tears start to gather in her eyes slightly.