VIII (Rankings and ascension)

In the seasons after I join the Ember pack -which I soon learned to be the name of Firetrail's pack- I rise within the pack rankings multiple times, quickly passing Paleleaf, and slightly less so Birch, becoming slightly more and more respected by my packmates by the day, for my fast ascension as well as my well-known work ethic. In another two moons, I rise once again, sending Hawk down a tier. By this time, I am third highest below Gamma and sixth within our pack of ten, when including myself, essentially placing me smack-dab in the middle of the pack. 

(Yes, that was the whole chapter, it was mostly just to give you guys a sense of the time that passed between chapters VII and IX. I also wanted to give y'all a sense of the rankings at this point, so I added in the ranks and some details about each current pack member in this chapter.)

These rankings are for after Snow's ascension through the pack.

Firetrail M (Alpha, pure black)

Dust M (Beta, brown with pale belly) & Brink F (Beta's mate, dark brown, reddish paws)

Sand M (Gamma w/ no mate, light brown)

River M (Dark, almost black, deep brown)

Clay F (Dark reddish brown)

Snowfall F (Pure white)

Hawk F (Brown with a golden tail tip & paws)

Birch M (Cream colored, with small streaks of darker browns)

Paleleaf F (Pale brown)

Omega F (Muddy brown, small, weak, easily hurt) (She's been the Omega of the pack for so long that she doesn't respond to any name other than Omega)