01 | josh klinghoffer

Maeve sat on top of the bathroom sink, staring down at the pregnancy test in her trembling hand

Maeve sat on top of the bathroom sink, staring down at the pregnancy test in her trembling hand. She didn't know how to feel.

After a few days of suspicions and anxiety, she finally went to the drugstore to purchase a test. It was positive. And she is pregnant.

The first thing that popped into her mind was her boyfriend. Her beloved, Josh.

What will he think? She wondered. Will he be disgusted? Leave me?

A part of her knew that Josh wouldn't be that way. Josh was the sweetest, most loving person she has ever known. But, her anxiety was getting the best of her. Her anxiety overruled any of the few positive thoughts lurking in her mind.

She knew that Josh would be home soon, and she knew she couldn't stay locked away in the bathroom forever. He would surely worry.
She couldn't keep it a secret from Josh, either. She had to tell him. He'd eventually figure out that something was bothering her, and it'd only bother him.

To say that she was angry at herself, though; would be a total lie. She was somewhat happy.
Maeve has always wanted to be a mother. She's especially hopes that the love of her life, Josh Klinghoffer, would be the father to her child.

She hopped off the sink slowly and sat down the pregnancy test, already placing her hand onto her tummy. Was it a sort of motherly instinct to do so? She just found out!

It didn't help her troubles that today is special; it's Christmas Eve. She thought and thought about how she could tell Josh, and she finally thought up a plan. She went into their shared bedroom and found an old box that previously held a watch it in that she got Josh the last Christmas. He wore the watch always but kept the box because he said it may be needed for something later on. She thanked Josh in her mind for doing so as she began putting together her plan to tell him.

__________

Later that night, Josh was home, and the couple was cuddling on the couch. It was nearing Midnight. Maeve could tell her boyfriend was tired, so she knew she had to tell him soon before he went to sleep.

"At twelve o'clock I'm gonna give you your present." Maeve whispered. She was under Josh's arm and cuddled close to him.

"Aw, you didn't have to get me anything." Josh murmured like he always does, but he had a small smile on his face. "Okay. I'll give you yours, too."

Maeve bit her lip and smiled. She was quite nervous, but she knew she had to do it.

They had all the lights turned off in the house, only being able to see each other by the flickering lights of the Christmas Tree they had set up in the living room a few weeks prior.
They both slid down onto the floor beside of the tree. Maeve checked the clock and it was one 'till twelve.

She took in a deep breath. "I love you, Josh." She whispered.

"I love you, too." Josh nods as he scoots a bit closer to the girl. He could tell something was up. He watched, as Maeve picked up the tiny box that has been on her mind ever since Josh got home.

She slowly passed it to Josh. A goofy smile spread across his face. "You fit a new guitar in here? Wow, you're magical, woman." Josh joked, earning a light laugh from Maeve.

She watched him carefully as he pulled the ribbon off, followed by the red wrapping paper she put on it. He shook it playfully and giggled.

Maeve bit down on her bottom lip hard as Josh popped the lid off. He looked down into the box; and it was Maeve's pregnancy test.

His breath hitched and his eyes slightly widened. He sure wasn't expecting this. His stomach churned and he was speechless for a moment.

"You're pregnant?" He whispered, ever so softly.

Maeve nodded her head, feeling tears in her eyes. She was just so happy and scared all at the same time. All the overwhelming pressure she went through today. It just made her want to cry.

Josh gasped. And what Maeve saw next made her heart stop, and she burst into tears. Josh was smiling wider than she's ever seen him smile, with his heart beating rapidly, he was absolutely ecstatic.

"Th-That's amazing!" Josh beamed as he scooped Maeve up into his arms, making her laugh and cry happily.

He blinked back tears of his own as he held onto her tightly. He pulled away and looked at Maeve, gently wiping the tears on her cheeks away with his thumbs.

He looked down at her tummy and placed his hands on either side. "So there's a little person in there?" Josh whispered.

Maeve nods and smiles, sniffling. "Our little person."

Josh smiles wider and tilts his head, gently rubbing her tummy with his hands. "I'm so happy, Maeve, baby. I really am."

He looks up at her and presses his lips to hers, making her heart skip beats like it always does when their lips connect.

He pulled away and smiled. "Well, would you like your present now?" Josh asks softly.

Maeve nods her head excitedly, smiling away.

Josh grins and grabs a small box, wrapped neatly with green wrapping paper with little red Christmas lights printed on it.

"It's not nearly as good as your present." Josh chuckles. "But I hope you like it."

Maeve smiled as Josh sat the box in her lap.

She tore open the wrapping paper and opened the box and gasped, smiling wide. "Aw, Joshy!"

Josh giggled. "Do you like them?"

"I love them!" Maeve pulled out some of her favorite vinyls she had yet to receive. Josh smiled as he watched his favorite girl, and now, she's the one that is going to be the mother of his first child.

The couple began to cuddle again under the Tree. He wasn't tired at all anymore, he just wanted to be with her.

"I love you." Josh whispered as he planted a soft kiss to Maeve's forehead.

"Annnd," He smiled, leaning down and kissing Maeve's tummy. "I love you, too, little one." He whispers.

"We love you, too, Josh." Maeve whispers, feeling her heart melt.

She pictured him holding their little baby boy or girl in his arms, teaching him or her how to walk, playing games, maybe even guitar.

She knew this would be a journey and she didn't want it to be with anyone else other than him.

This Christmas was truly the best.

A/N:

this is an old one, maevey. i really liked it though so 🤷🏼‍♀️❤️ i love you baby!