THIRTY SEVEN

ACE'S POINT OF VIEW

It's weird how things are now, I mean I thought we were cool but I guess not. It's been almost a week since I got back and I feel Loren is consciously avoiding me.

We haven't had a conversation and if I initiate one, I end up talking to myself because it looks like she's not even listening.

Is it something I did wrong?  

Maybe she's still thinking about what I said.

Fuck! You screwed up Ace.

Should I tell her that I didn't mean what I said about running away?

But I do mean it.

And that would be stupid, it will make me look more of an idiot.

I run my hands through my hair in frustration.

This girl as me going crazy.

I gulped down on my beer, welcoming its taste.

"Going to tell me what's wrong or what?" I almost forgot that Edwin is sitting across to me, we are in our regular bar.

"It's-.." I was interrupted by a high pitched voice calling my name.

Fucking hell!.

"Ace baby, I'm back."  I looked up at the girl with a toothed smile on her face.

Tracey or what's her name? Oh, Stacey. What the hell does she want?.

I noticed Gemma following behind her, Gemma sits with Edwin, who has forgotten about my problems now totally focused on flirting with Gem and of course, leaving me with this Stacey character.

"I missed you so much." She seats beside me, putting her arms around my shoulders making me shift awkwardly.

Ever heard of personal space?

"Did you miss me?" I raised my eyebrows at her question.

I don't even fucking know you.

I just nodded, hoping she'll end it there but if you guessed,

Well, she didn't.

"I've been traveling a lot, I had a lot of photoshoots. One in Paris, Belgium, and many more." I don't care.

"Wait! You are a model?" Where I see the burden, Edwin sees opportunity. His head is probably calculating how she can help him, get me on another magazine cover.

"Yes and you must be Edwin, Gem talks about you a lot." And now my manager is back to giving all his attention to Gemma.

He's falling hard.

"Really now?" He teases, I could see Gemma blushing.

"Please, she's being polite, I don't." They are both shamelessly flirting.

Like, come on.

"So how are you?" She runs her hand through my hair as she smirks flirtatiously.

I'll admit, she's extremely beautiful, hot and her confidence is just out of the world but hell no.

I gave a fake smile as I brought my hand to my hair, removing her hand from it.

She just gave a smile putting her hand on the table.

"I'm good," I muttered, wanting to be alone with my drink.

"I saw you host an award show, you were incredible. One can tell that the spotlight is made for you as it is for me." Her hand finds its way on my arm.