Jason Lee Granger

I closed my eyes as his voice echoed through the room. The word rang out and boomed.

“Raphael. the protector of the Prophet Chuck Shurley...” The words got louder and louder and it soon came to the point that I couldn’t hear them anymore. I screamed “Raphael stop!”and almost instantly he did.

When the light faded and the voice was gone, I was no longer alone. I was standing in the same place with three pairs of eyes watching me.

“Chris what was that all about?”I looked down at my hands that were resting on my thighs, I looked up at Chuck who was standing there watching me. I sighed and looked at the other two. Sam was by the bed and Dean was standing next to Chuck by the door. The must had been them walking into the door, right before. No one else was moving and eyes were locked on me. I sat down in the floor and crossed my legs.

Chuck walked right over and leaned down in front of me and whispered to me.

    “You need to tell them. Tell them everything. They will ask you anyways. Tell them.” He stood up and offered a hand to me. I took it and stood up and looked as Sam and Dean moved closer.

    “ So are going to talk about what is going on?”

“Talk about what? Why should I talk to you guys about the shit storm that is my life. You won't understand it. You don’t understand any of the shit I have been through. The people I have lost -” I was trying to stay calm and be quiet.

    “We won’t understand? We have lost people too Chris.” Dean hardly said.

“You still have a family.” I spat back at Dean.

    “What Family? Both of my Parents are dead.” Before he could protest I started talking. “You have Bobby! And at least you still have ‘your’ little brother.” I paused and everyone went cold. A few short moments of silence followed “If you want to talk. Then here I go.” I stopped talking and I had the attention of the three men. Dean was watching me with his now cold green eyes.

I reached into my back pocket and pulled out my wallet. I dug deep into my wallet, behind countless business cards and other pictures and pulled out a photo. It was folded up so that I couldn’t see it at first. I took my wallet and put it back into my pocket. I slowly unfolded the photo revealing a smiling four year old back to me.

He had straight dirty blond hair that hung down past his ears. His eyes were a beautiful green color. His teeth were so small and he had a smile that could make anyone smile. His long sleeve black shirt had a spider on it. I remember when we took that photo. It was just before my birthday. Little freckles dotted his nose and cheeks, just like me. I let out a little smile and a sad little laugh. Just before I took a small step forward and handed the picture to Dean. He shyly took the picture out of my hand.

I stepped back to the

“He was afraid of the monsters in his closet. So he slept with me in my room that night.” I paused trying not to choke on the words that I have never said to anyone. “All I did was get up to get a drink of water in the middle of the night, nothing extraordinary but I can truly say. That was the worst decision I, have ever made.” I sighed and then continued on. I was looking down and not making eye contact with anyone. “When I came to the room, the door was open a crack and I could feel a breeze coming from inside the room, that is when I truly  knew something was wrong. The window wasn’t open with I left.”

“When I walked in to my room, a black silhouette was hunched over my little brother. The man looked up at me, blood covering his mouth. I grabbed the machete I had on my dresser and acted on instinct. I was twelve and that adult vamp hit the ground faster than anyone would have imagined.” Dean passed the picture to Sam.

“I ran to my brother and held him in my arms.-Held him in my arms as the little bit of life left his small eyes, faded. I screamed for my mom, but she was too late. I held him in my arms long after she came, long after my mom got ready for the police. Long after the police came.“I said harsh and coldly. I paused and looked to Dean.  

“Jason was four. He was my responsibility and now he is dead. I should have been the one that died, not him.” I took in a deep breath. These were the first people I have ever told about Jason.  After we had moved, I keep the fact that I had a brother a secret.

     “Chris you don’t need too.” Sam called. I had a tear running down a cheek when Sam took a step forward.

“Sam. Don’t. Listen. You need to know. I need to do this.” Sam backed off as two more tears slid down my cheeks.

     “My mom was a fallen angel. I gained some of her powers. I can hear them and see them, amongst other things.” I stopped talking. I turned around and hide my face as the tears kept on coming. Sam came over to me and wrapped me in his arms and held me tight and for the first time in forever, I cried about my little brother.