Peggy?

"Ladies don't start fights,

but they can finish them."

- Marie, The Aristocats.

Peggy's POV

"Okay, so you understand?"

Eliza stared at me.

"Lemme get this straight.."

I nodded.

"You have a dream girlfriend you've been seeing for a few months and you think she's an actual real person?"

I felt myself go bright red.

"Sh-she's not my girlfriend!" I stammered.

Eliza smiled smugly and raised her eyebrows.

"Oooh, someones helpless!"

"No I'm not!"

"Now I REALLY wanna meet this dream girlfriend of yours! Lets go!"

~~~~~~~~

After a long silence, we finally pulled into the hospital. We ran across the road and into the lobby.

"How may I help you?" The lady at the desk asked.

"Uh, do you know anything about a Maria Lewis?" I asked.

"Let's see..." She typed something into her computer.

"Maria Lewis... entered a coma after her abusive boyfriend hit her on the head with a wine bottle... Room 201!"

I ran towards the elevator. "Thank you!" 

"Wow, your girlfriends alive!" Eliza exclaimed once we got inside.

"She's not my girlfriend!"

Another woman, who happened to be in the elevator, said this:

"Aw, hun, bless your heart."

*Flashback*

"In Southern, 'Bless your heart' means the exact opposite. If someone says that to you, slap them. It's the same as being flipped of." John said.

*Flashback end*

I glared daggers at this woman, who just smiled and continued looking at her magazine. Eliza looked confused. 

Finally, we arrived at our floor. We ran like the stampede that killed Simba's dad was after us.

Room 201.

I reached for the handle,

and it shocked me.

"Ouch! Jeez, that hurt!" I gasped.

I covered my hand with my sleeve and opened the door slowly.

Breathe in courage,

breathe out anxiety.

I walked inside.

Breathe in courage,

breathe out anxiety.

I looked in the hospital bed.

And there she was.

"Oh my god.." I breathed.

She was even cuter in person, with her long hair being a lot longer than I expected it to be. My god.

Wait, what did I just think?

"So this is your dream girlfriend?"

I nodded, still staring at Maria.

"You've got pretty good taste! This girl has the Eliza approval and I've only met her just now!"

I walked over to her bedside chair and held her hand.

"Hey Ri, it's Peggy. So, you can probably hear me and my sister, and so it turns out you're alive! Maybe you can find a way to wake up? But you probably won't remember me. But I value your health more than my happiness. Maybe Alex's dad will enroll you in our boarding school and we can be roommates?"

"Do you want some alone time with her? I can get lunch." Eliza offered.

I smiled. "Sure."

Once she left the room, I dug out some Melatonin I put in a bag in my purse and swallowed.

"Peggy!"

Maria ran towards me at full speed, then knocked me to the ground with a bone-crushing hug.

"I'm alive!"

"I know! I'm in the hospital room with you right now!"

"Really?!"

She took her hands and placed them gently on my cheeks.

I went red as her lipstick.

"Peggy... I really like you... as more than a friend..."

"Same..."

It was like we were in our own little world, just the two of us. And we were. She slowly leaned in. I closed my eyes and wrapped my hands around her neck.

Our first kiss was sweet and long, but above all, absolutely perfect. It was like fireworks were going off between our lips. 

"I'm sorry.. was that too soon?" She asked.

"No. I actually really liked it!"

I sat up and Maria pulled me into a tight embrace.

"When I wake up... I don't think I'm gonna remember you..."

"It's okay. I'll just... do it all over again. Maybe one day you'll remember."

"I don't wanna forget you..." Maria's voice trailed off and she leaned against my chest.

I wrapped my arms around her. "Ri... it's okay... I won't mind..."

"But after James, I don't think awake me will want to be in another relationship..."

"Maria, even if awake you doesn't love me, as long as you're alive, conscious, and well, that's all that matters."

"Thank you..."

The world around me began to fade slowly.

I yawned and stretched. I looked at Maria and crossed my fingers. 

I watched as her eyes slowly and sleepily opened.

She looked at me.

"Peggy?"

AN: Alas, this book is almost over. A few more chapters, maybe some editing here and there, and this book will be finished. I want to let you guys know I intend on seeing this through to the end. Also, I got over 120 reads on this! Whaaaa? Thank you guys SO much for reading my random fic I came up with while literally doing nothing. I think after this one I'm gonna do a Lams au I made up, so stay tuned for that!