Finale

"I think we ought to live

happily ever after."

Sophie, Howls Moving Castle.

"You met Mom in your dreams?"

"Yep."

My eldest child laid tucked safely under the covers. 

Maria and I adopted two children, 9 year old Susan and 5 year old Stephen. Stephen came from Dominican Republic, while Susan came from France. Susan is pale with dark brown hair while Stephan looks almost exactly like Maria. The kids call me Mama, and they call their other mother Mom.

"I don't believe it."

"Well it's true. Just sayin."

"True as the times you said you'd call the cops if I didn't do the dishes?"

"... brat."

My daughter laughed.

"Whatever Mama. Night."

"Night hon."

Susan is wise beyond her years. She's only nine, but acts like an adult. Well, except when she doesn't.

"Hey Pegs! I'm watching Ponyo, wanna join?" My wife called.

"Coming!"

I ran to the living room and snuggled up against my wife. Wife. W. I. F. E. 

God, the fact I'm married is STILL soaking in.

"Hey Peggy?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."

"For what? The dishes?" I asked.

"No. For everything. Really. I'd probably be dead if it weren't for you."

"No, I need to thank YOU! If it weren't for you, I'd probably have lost all connection with my siblings and be sad, depressed, and freeloading off of the Hamilton-Laurens'!"

"... well, thank you and you're welcome."

"Thank you and you're welcome."

...

"One last thing."

"What?"

I smiled.

"Thank you so much for being there,

Once upon a dream."

Epilogue:

Maria and Peggy happily married a week after they got out of college. Maria became a therapist and Peggy became a school counselor. They adopted two children, Stephen and Susan two years into their marriage.

Alex and John also got married. They adopted three children, twins Philip and Angelica, and a little girl named Frances. They live uptown but visit often. Alex is a lawyer, and John is a Marine Biologist.

Eliza married and divorced many times. She just couldn't anyone like Alexander, whom she fell in love with the moment she saw him. She works at a daycare upstate and visits during the summer and holidays. She has one child, Vivienne.

Aaron Burr was a friend of Alex's who Peggy never met. Alex and Aaron were childhood friends but grew distant as years passed. Rumor had it that he got married to a woman named Theodosia, but she died while giving birth to his first and only daughter. They live in New Jersey.

Hercules and Lafayette married and moved to France. The Squad hasn't heard from them in a while, but they visit for Christmas and Thanksgiving. Hercules is a tailor and Lafayette runs a bakery. They have many adopted children, Jack, Henriette, Anastasie, William, Marie, and Georges.

John Bradstreet eloped and hasn't been heard from in years.

Philip Jr. works for Nintendo in Japan. He visits for Thanksgiving and Christmas and brings home all sorts of souvenirs for the kids.

Rennesaler lives in Southern California with his wife Elizabeth. He is a firefighter but visits on holidays if he can.

Cortlandt works as a veterinarian a few towns down from where most of the others live. He visits often. He married a woman named Anastasia Young and had one child, Eleanor Rose.

Cornelia is a florist who works in downtown Manhattan. She visits on weekends with her 4 cats. She married a man named Wesley Nevine and has two kids, twins Adam and Ava.

Catherine is a police officer in Ohio. She says she hates it there and wants to move back to New York as soon as she can.

Angelica was cut off from her family and nobody knows her whereabouts. 

AN: And that ends Once Upon a Dream! I'm actually pretty attached to this book, so I may do one-shots about it. Thank you to everyone who read this!