Chapter 6

ANIKA

"Gul, are you okay now," I nudged her on her upper arm with my palm.

"Hmm, I will be, don't worry. Thanks Nik."

Abruptly Gul got up with an impish grin on her face and switched on the TV. She casually tuned a random music channel and approached me with her naughty smile.

Suddenly realizing, I bleated foolishly, "Oh No! The dance."

"Oh yes my darling," she said dramatically.

In spite of my reluctance, I got up and stood in the living room petrified while Gul was moving her body in rhythm. I was a very bad dancer and whenever I attempted it, the audience laughed their hearts out.

But Gul was worse than any audience.

It was such an amusing sight to her that she would somehow made me do it and would utter full-throated belly laughs. After becoming fully satiated with her laughter, she would imitate me so that she could have her second dose of delight.

This time was no different. I hated her for making me do it. But at the end, it was rejuvenating for both of us.

Tired, both of us lied down on the couch and Diwan respectively for catching our breaths.

"Now let's get some beauty sleep, my sweet lollipop," I teased.

"Grrr! Don't call me that," she grimaced.

"Lollipop, Lollipop, Lollipop!"

Sighing she sat on the floor carpet making a sad pout. Looking her flustered expressions, it was my turn to cackle. Sitting beside her, I laughed gleefully and smacked her thigh to which she frowned and rubbed her sore spot.

If you are wondering what was it all about, then it's another story to be told sometime later.

Just when I switched off the lights of our room, my phone rang and though on vibration, it was visible in the darkness.

Ketu calling.

I was about to pick the call when abruptly she snatched it and teasingly ran out of the room.

After a chase of approximately ten minutes when she was fully satisfied avenging me, she clutched her stomach aching from continuous guffawing.
She sat on the floor still giggling trying to catch her breath. I seized the opportunity and plucked my phone from her hand.

Due to her pranks and my inattention, I forgot to hit the 'send' symbol and the message that I typed remained unsent. When I looked at my mobile, I was astounded to find it was already 10 pm and there were 9 missed calls.

As my phone was set on vibration, I couldn't register his calls. My heartbeat quickened. I made him wait for two hours.

So I did the least I could.

Quickly I dialed the phone, pulled it to my ear and said, "Hello."

Sweat accumulated in the palms of my hands. The anxiety of his reaction making me nervous and blocked my mind.

"Why didn't you pick up my calls? Are you okay?" Ketu asked from the other side and I could perceive a genuine concern in his voice. My fears subdued but lingered.

His imperturbable nature and exquisite personality complemented his divine looks and made him all the more irresistible, to girls.

I wished to spend more time with him but our limited interactions were slackened by our life's priorities, or should I say my priorities.