Chapter Three

*Next Day*

I woke up to the sun shining in my face, from the window. I picked up my phone and checked the time. 9:26 am. Ugh. I hate mornings.I got out of bed and went to my bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. When I was done, I went downstairs. Mom wasn't there. I saw a note taped to the counter. It read:

Good morning Hun, breakfast is on the table. I went out to get some groceries. When I come home, we will go shopping for some clothes at the mall, remember, tomorrow is your first day of school. Love you.

- Mom

Really? Did she have to remind me? On the bright side, I get new clothes. I sighed. I went to the table to find some cereal. I ate my food, then ran back upstairs to change. I put on my ripped denim skinny jeans with a t-shirt from Aéropostale. I added my black converse. I put on my mascara and my EOS lip balm. I grabbed my phone and put it into my back pocket.

I took my ipad out of my suitcase, and started to watch netflix. A while later, I heard the door open. Mom is here. I put my ipad away and went downstairs.

"Hey Mom" I said.

"Hey, you ready to shop till we drop?!" She said, excitedly.

"Yup" I said, popping the p.

"Alright, let me just put these bags in the kitchen, and we'll be on our way." She said, while handing me the car keys.

"K" I said.

I opened the front door, and went to the car. I sat inside and waited. Mom came out of the house, locked the door, and came inside the car.

"Ok, so where do you want to go first?" She asked.

"Ummm... Forever 21!" I said. Forever 21 is my favorite store.

"Ok, Forever 21 it is!" She said.

--

We were in Forever 21, and I picked out: 3 dresses, 5 tops, and 4 skater skirts. Yay! Mom paid for the clothes and we got out. We walked into Hollister. I got 2 high waisted shorts. And, then we went to the food court to get some fro-yo. Yum! I love menchies! We finished eating and decided to go home.

--

I put my bags down on the floor, and took out my phone. I texted Emily.

(Text conversation)

S: Hey Emily wats up?

E: Nothing much, u?

S: Just came back from the mall, got some new clothes! :)

E: What for?

S: Oh, I forgot to tell u, my first day of school is tomorrow. Ugh.. I hate school!

E: I feel u girl!

S: Yeah.. Wish me luck for tomorrow!

E: Luck. Sorry gtg, ttyl?

S: Ttyl xox :)

(End of conversation)

I grabbed my phone, and checked the time. 6:38 pm. Wow, time flies. I went downstairs and saw mom unpacking more things. Oh, the furniture is here. Yes! Finally I get my soft bed. I helped mom unpack things and put the furniture in the living room. After a long time of unpacking and moving things, we managed to finish setting up the furniture. It was now 10:34 pm. I'm exhausted. I'm going to sleep.

"Hey mom, I'm tired, I'm going to go to bed." I said.

"Ok sweetie, good night." She said.

"Good night." I said, as I started to walked up the stairs.

I plopped on my bed and hoped that tomorrow would be a good first day. I need to have a good first impression, then my teachers would like me. I turned of the light, and went to sleep.