Chapter Six

(Sofia's POV)

He smirked at me, while walking into my house, and then said "Hey, I'm Cameron, my parents told me that I should come here, 'to welcome you to the neighborhood.' " He said while finger-quoting. He stopped talking and licked his lips. Then he continued to talk again. "At first, I didn't want to come here, but now, I think I will stay for a little while." He said. His smirk started to grow wide, and to be honest, I didn't find an interest in him anymore. He is a player. He probably flirts with every girl. He started to check me out and I rolled my eyes and started to talk.

"Well, I'd hate to burst your bubble, but my mom will be home in a couple of minutes." I said, looking down, then I realized something. I AM IN MY SPONGEBOB PAJAMAS, AND MY FUZZY SLIPPERS! I mentally facepalmed. He must think I'm some crazy psycho girl. Oh well.. I went to sit on the couch and 'Cameron' did the same. He started to talk.

"Ok, so, who cares?? I only need a couple of minutes." He said, starting to lean in. WTF?!?! WAS HE TRYING TO KISS ME?! I quickly moved away from him. What does he think I am? A toy?? Rude.

"Stop! I don't even know you. Why the hell were you trying to kiss me?!" I said, and he stood up.

"I'm sorry, its just, you are so beautiful, I couldn't resist it." He said. I started to blush. "Can we start over?" He asked.

I nodded my head slowly, not sure if I should trust him. I gave in, and introduced myself.

"Ok well, my name is Sofia Hernandez." I said.

He smiled and said "Well Sofia, my name is Cameron. Where did you move from?" He asked.

"Florida." I simply stated.

"Oh cool." He said. There was an awkward silence. See? I can make things awkward without even trying. Just then, I heard the doorbell ring. I stood up and opened the door. It was mom. 'Took you long enough.' I thought. She smiled at me and then she walked in. She was about to say something, but she saw Cameron. She gave me a confusing look. I gave her a look, as if to say, 'go away before you embarrass me.' She obviously didn't understand, because she started to speak up.

"Hey Sof, is this your boyfriend?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows at me. I saw Cameron blushing. See what I mean?!?! She seriously needs to leave, like now.

"NO! This is Cameron. He is our next door neighbor, he just came here to welcome us to the neighborhood." I said, slightly frustrated.

"Oh. Well that's very nice, thank you so much, dear." She said. Cameron smiled at her sweetly. Hold up. Wasn't he just checking me out and smirking at me about five minutes ago?? Now here he is, being so nice. Talk about bipolar.

"No problem, Mrs. Hernandez, its the least I could do." He said. I held in my laugh. 'Oh please, the least he could do is try to kiss me.' I thought. And, God knows what is the most he could do. Blech.. I shuddered at the thought.

"Well, I better get going. Oh, wait! I almost forgot, my mom was wondering if you guys can come over to our house for dinner around 6:30?" He asked, but it was more of a statement.

I was about to decline the invitation, because I wanted to eat some pizza, but mom answered before I could.

"Of course! We would love to! Oh and please call me Vanessa." She said. Why? I am craving pizza so bad! Ugh. Well, at least I get free food.

"Great, see you guys later." Cameron said. He headed towards the door and I don't know why, but I followed.

"Oh and Sofia, it was nice to meet you, I'll see you around." He said and smiled. He started to walk out, I waved at him and he winked. I closed the door and started to smile. He's so cute. Ugh. No! You can't like him, remember, he is a player! I argued with my subconscious. I went to the kitchen to see mom.

"Why did you have to say yes to dinner?? I wanted pizza." I said.

"Come on Hon, they are just being friendly. We can order pizza tomorrow. And besides, you seem to have a little crush on Cameron." She said, lightly nudging me with her elbow. Is she out of her mind?! First of all, I just met the guy! Second of all, he is a player. He is NOT my type. I'm a good girl. But, then I remembered, good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught. I checked the time. It was 6:02. Wow, time goes by fast. I got out of the kitchen and went upstairs to my room. I was looking for what to wear for dinner. I picked out a white skater skirt with a black crop top. I took out my black converse and white hair bow. I grabbed a towel and went to the bathroom to take a shower.