Chapter 2: Family

It was too bad that nobody came from my family, my mum was sick and while my dad was working my little brother was taking care of mum.

My dad was always working for us, while i was graduating from uni my brother was starting for his uni life.

It was really hard for me to work and study at the same time but i had to do it for my family. Now that i am an adult, i will take care of my brother's education fees but I believe he will get a loan.

I was too deep to my thoughts i didn't hear my phone. It was my mum, i immediately called her back.

"Hey honey bear" her voice was tired but i can hear her excitement.

"Hey mummy, i made it. I graduated"

"I hope you took so many pictures."

"No worried mummy, Sophie took care of that job for me" I was very appreciate Sophie being there for me.

"Good girl, send my kisses to her too."

"Okay mummy." I stopped, i was so emotional but i didn't want to cry and make my mum sad.

"What happened my honey bear?" My mum was curious.

"I didnt became the first mum, i am- i am second best student of year." I lied, this wasnt a problem, i really missed my family and i wanted them to be here with me.

She laughed "Honey the important thing is you made it, i am proud of you. You are my first"

"Thank you, mummy." Okay now i was going to cry.

Someone knocked my door, its probably Sophie.

"Helloo" she was hyper, like always. "Beth? Are you alright?"

I shushed her, i didnt want my mum to hear her.

"Okay mummy, i will send thousand of pictures. Send my kisses for dad and Luke" i hung up the phone and start crying.

I didn't like to cry but i couldn't hold myself. Sophie hugged me, "What's wrong Beth?"

"I really miss them Sophie"

"Oh Beth. I know you do honey, cry if you want, I am here"

"But it's not fair, your family is not here as well" I was also concerned about her.

"Honey, I got used to it" Her voice was calm.

Sophie's family was rich, she didnt need to work on her life but they were divorced and it was very difficult for her since she was the only child. "I have you" she hugged me thightly.

I smiled at her "and I have you"

***

While Sophie and I were taking thousands of picture. Sophie's phone rang. "It's Mike! He is here!" She shouted.

I looked at my phone too, there was a text from Jared. "I am here ladies :)"

I turned back to Sophie, "Jared is here as well!"

"Don't break his heart, Beth" Sophie's voice was serious.

I put my hands on the air "woah, I wasn't going to"

"He likes you"

"C'mon. He does not! He is my friend" now I was serious. He was my study buddy. That's all.

"If you say so" Her smile was huge.

One last time we looked at the mirror. I was wearing a white long dress, it was covering all of my body. I didn't like long dresses because of my height but Sophie insisted for this dress. She was wearing a gold long dress that has glitters on it's chest. It was a very expensive dress. She is little bit taller than me but still long dresses suits her more.

As soon as we were downstairs, Sophie ran to Mike and he hugged her. It was sweet that my best friend is in love. Mike is not in our class, he studied Chemistry which Sophie hates. I guess opposite atoms attract each other. I walked through Jared's way.

"Y-you look beautiful, Beth" His face turned red. He looks so cute when he is shy.

"Thank you Jared, you are my hero." I kissed his cheek.

***