Chapter 3: The Ball

Before we sit to our table, we took so many pictures. And thank god we were at the same table with Sophie's. Almost all of students from our class came to take pictures or celebrate with us, thanks to Sophie.

'Lets dance people!' She screamed and took Mike's hand. They were so in love, I loved watching them together. 'C'mon you lazy ass' she yelled at me. I was embarrassed to stand up but thank god nobody heard her.

Jared looked at me with pity eyes 'Do you wanna dance?' He had hope in his eyes. I also wanted to dance but not that early. "Sure" I said finally.

While we were dancing somebody hit me. 'Hey!' I turned and I saw that green eyes again. I don't know him but I hated him already. He was dancing and kissing with random girls and they were happy about that. It's gross, isn't he worried about any disease .

'Hey beauty!' His smile was huge. It's impossible not to smile back.

'Be careful man' Jared hold my arm. Whoa he was serious. I didn't see him like that before.

'Chill mate.' He winked at me and started dancing with some random girl.

'Let's go' I hold Jared's hand.

'Who the hell is he?' He asked me.

'I do not have a clue. But i know that he is a jerk.' I really don't have any idea who the hell is he. Jared looked confused but I was confused as well, why am I judging him.

Sophie ran to us. 'Do you know Tom?.' She was curious.

'Who is he, god sake?' Jared asked to her

'He is Thomas O'Neill. His granddad is one of founders of this university.'

'Now it's clear how he became first.' I mumbled.

'C'mon guys, its best night of our life's. We have to dance till our feet stop carrying us.' Mike was right. It is maybe our last day with these incredible people so I will stop thinking about that situation.

The music's rhythm went to slow. Jared hold my waist I was too short to hold his shoulders so I put my head to his chest. 'Beth' Jared's voice was low so I stepped on my toes to hear him.

'Yes?'

'I want to tell you something.' He was turning red.

'What is it Jared?' I was curious.

'I don't wanna lose you.'

'You are not going to lose me Jared. It doesn't mean I am going to forget you or something. We will contact after uni.' I smiled at him, he was really good friend. Of course I am not going to forget him, he was there for me at my best and worse times.

He smiled back and he became closer to me. Whoa, what is he doing.

'Hey!' Manly voice interrupted us. 'Guys we are going to take a picture with whole law class. Do you wanna join?' He was head of law school and he was very manly with his dark beard.

'Sure' I wasn't sure if Jared wanted to go but I wanted to escape from this awkward situation.

***

Finally I was at the outdoor. I couldn't stand there anymore. My feet are killing me, I shouldn't have trusted Sophie and wore these high heels. I think they are like 13 cm or something. I took them off and sat on the bench.

'Silence. Finally' I talked to myself.

'Do you like it?' I jumped from my seat and turned my face to him. There you go again, he is sitting on the grass Mr. Thomas.

'What the hell are you doing there? You scared crap out of me.' I yelled at him.

He just laughed. 'Sorry darling. I didn't mean to.' His smile was sincere. His teeth were so white, I wonder how many times in a day he brush his teeth.

After five minutes awkward silence, he start talking. '"ou know, I didn't want to be best student of the year, I didn't want to come to this uni." I was shocked, what was he doing, is he sharing something with me? With a stranger? For sure he is drunk. "I even don't know if I wanted to become a lawyer. I just wanted to please them."

I sat on my knees, I didn't want to make my dress green but I wanted to help him, he looked so innocent. "Please who" I asked silently.

"My parents. My whole family." He smiled but this time he tried to hide his sadness. I didn't want to pity him but he looked like little boy, like someone stole his favourite toy.

'I am sorry.' I finally said something.

'Why are you sorry?' His smile got bigger.

'I judged you wrong.' I bit my lip. I felt sad for him.

He start laughing 'You are not the first' he pushed me and I fell backward.

'My dress!' I cried. 'You ass...' I didn't finish my words. I glanced at him. He was still smiling. Man, this guy is not stop smiling. It makes me feel weird.

While I was trying to stand up, he hold my hand and helped me. 'You are so tiny.' His eyes were all on my body.

I felt bid weird 'Huh. And you are big boy' I wanted to offend him.

He made his big laugh. 'Thanks. I am' he sound he is proud of himself. It made me laugh as well. 'Wow. You have to laugh more, beauty. Being serious is not healthy.'

'I am not serious all the time.'

'If you say so.' He smiled and I smiled back.

'Congratulations' I smiled at him. What was I doing talking with this guy, he is a stranger.

"Thanks, you too. Can I ask you something?" He came closer and look straight to my eyes. His green eyes looked so bright, I couldn't breath.

"Mm. Sure." I was curious, what is he going to ask me? I can hear his breathing.

"Beth!!" Sophie cried. 'Where have you been?' She was looking at me and Tom. I pushed Tom further from me and he sat on the bench

"I was just sitting here"

"I can see it. Hi Tom." She winked at me. I felt my face is going to turn red. "Lets go" I ordered her. I didn't want to, I enjoyed talking with him or just looked at his green eyes but I couldn't stand her staring eyes.

"Bye Beth!" Tom cried behind me. I turned to look at his green eyes for the last time, he was waving his hand like a little child. I was still mad at him but who knows when or where am I going to see him again.

***

(A.N. : I know this chapter is bit long but I enjoyed writing it. I hope you guys will like it. I am still practicing my writing skills so please try to understand me. And pleaseee don't mind my english. It's not my first language but I wanted to write it in english. )