Eight Years after...

Shadow's POV

"I've got to go do something in my office... I'll talk to you later," Rouge told me and she disappeared behind a white door.

I nodded and went and sat down on one of the red couches in the living room. I let out a huge sigh and looked around for something to do. I saw the T.V remote so I grabbed it and decided to see what was on.

I waited and waited in the living room for Rouge's return. I've had nothing to do and I don't need a job. The money that G.U.N pays me every month for my service to them was enough to keep me going.

The house that I and Rouge were living in was small. It was a two story house with a nice sized backyard. The walls outside were white and the walls inside were baby blue. Everything smelled like sweets and it was always calm and nice here. You could never hear or see the city that was about a few miles away.

As I was switching through the channels I came upon the News. I was curious and started to turn up the volume. I heard a door open a figured that Rouge had come out to see what I was up to. 

"We have just learned that Eggman has gone back to his evil ways! He has been capturing helpless Mobians and turning them into his slaves! So parents keep your children safe! No need to worry! The Hero Dagger will save us... It has also been eight years since our old hero Sonic The Hedgehog went missing. We all wonder where he is now. and now to our weather report!" The person on the news said and I looked over at Rouge.

Rouge had a worried look on her face when she watched the T.V and was putting a hand over her mouth. Her eyes were wide and she looked like she was shaking out of fear. A tear rolled down her cheek as she ran upstairs.

I let out another sigh and walked up the steps. I walked down the empty hall and passed my own bedroom. I made it to her room and knocked on the door. When she opened it I was surprised at what I saw.

Rouge wasn't wearing her normal work clothes anymore. Instead, she was wearing her old clothing. The old pink heart on the chest and high white boots brought back some memories.

She slung a backpack onto her back and started to head to the door. I gave her a confused look and she turned around. She threw me a backpack and gave me a smile.

"The weather has cleared up completely... Our flight leaves in an hour so we better get going," She told me and ran out the door towards our car.

I ran after her and hopped into the seat next to her. Rouge pulled out our driveway and headed towards the main road. Soon building tops from the city could be seen in the distance. Along with billboards and bright lights. 

"Call the team Shadow... We're coming back together whether they like it or not," She told me and I quickly pulled out my phone.

I made phone call after phone call. I told everyone that Rouge had already bought tickets for everyone. They all agreed to come with us to see if we could find Sonic.

'Please be ok...' I thought as I and Rouge boarded the plane.

-----------------

I and Rouge were walking down the middle of the plane. I and Rouge both had our backpacks on. The other Mobians on the place were having trouble with their luggage so it took us a while. 

Soon I was able to push everyone aside. I pulled Rouge towards me so she could get through. He walked down the hall between the plane and main building.

"Long time no see!" I heard someone say behind me when I exited the plane with Rouge.

There in the crowd was Amy and Knuckles. They were both waving for us to come over. After pushing past others we were soon able to meet them halfway.