Changes

Shadow's POV

Dagger... I could help but become puzzled at the name. It's not only the fact that Sonic has changed his name. But why Dagger? He had so many options and always bugged me about other names. But Dagger has never came up. So why did he rename himself after weapon.

The Sonic I know never liked killing or weapons...

But on the other hand this isn't our Sonic. Over the years Sonic has faded. I feel so bad. The Sonic that we all knew and love was almost gone. It was either he was too far gone or he was just covered. I'm really hoping it's the latter.

Me and the group were sitting in the living room. The rest of Team Beatrix were somewhere else in their huge base. I can't help but wonder how they were able to score such a nice place. Well hidden might I add. I was resting next to Rouge my eyes partly closed as I listened to everyone else.

"I never thought that leaving would effect my life so much. I didn't know that it would effect everyone's life so much. I should have stayed," Tails said with his head hung low and his hands resting in his lap.

"Don't beat yourself up sweetie. None of us could have known. Look at us. No one expected Sonic to react that way," Rouge said and Tails looked up at the white bat giving her a small smile.

"This might be our fault. No it is our fault. But this is a mistake and what do we do with mistakes? We fix them. Like a team. If Sonic we're still here. The Sonic we knew. He would never give up. Even if he pushed us away he would help us," Silver said making all eyes fall on him.

"Yeah I guess. But what if he doesn't want help? What if he just wants to live the life he has now. As Dagger and all," Amy said and the new name seemed to come out of her mouth more forcefully than she intended.

"I can assure you that he wants things to go back the way they were. But you are many years too late might I add," They heard a voice call from behind them and they turned around to see Cream.

"Good morning Cream. Thanks for letting all of us stay here for the night. I know that we're not really the people that you want to see," I said and the girl just nodded at me not moving from where she stood.

"What do you mean by that Cream? What you said before," Amy mentioned and Cream just sighed and shook her head.

It wasn't the bunny's right to tell...

"Hey Cream... Good morning by the way. I know that we've been gone and stuff. I just really wanna catch up to speed and all. I just noticed this and it might seem off topic and all. But where is Cheese?" Tails asked and Cream's posture slouched a bit and her fists clenched.

"Team Beatrix went on a journey to save a lost city. A city that barely anyone has heard of. During that mission something came up. There were tests you see. To open a door you had to give the door a life. A life to open the door. When we were trying to find another way but killing someone seemed like the only option. So I offered to kill myself since I was the youngest and the least known. But before I could sacrifice myself for the team Cheese pushed me out of the way and have his life to the door. Cheese is gone," Cream said and she looked down at the ground. Just then Scourge and Fiona walked into the room.

"Oh Cream! What's wrong?" Fiona asked the smaller rabbit as she hugged her close and Cream just shook her head.

"What did you do to her?" Scourge asked as he put a hand in front of Cream and Fiona standing up to the group in front of him.

"Chill Green Guy. Tails just asked about Cheese and stuff. He didn't know that it would be that personal," I told them sitting up from my position on the couch.

Scourge just nodded and turned to Cream and his wife. They seemed close. Like a nuclear family. One child and their parents. I throughly for a bit. Family was a concept that I still have yet to understand. It's something that racked my mind. Much like other things that involve feelings.

"A lot of things have changed. People have come and gone. That's what happened when you leave for eight years," Fiona said and the others flinched at her tone. Even me.

"Who has passed? What happened while we were out?" Amy asked and I could hear the desperation in her voice. But I said nothing.

"Mighty and Ray passed away on one of their big expeditions. Vector was shot and killed by a human that the team was hunting. Making Espio the new leader. Big as come around once and awhile. Not much though. He's moved on. If you haven't heard Vanilla died. Finally Jet, Wave, and Storm are race referees and usually come down once in awhile if their not busy," Scourge said and we all listened as he explained what happened to everyone.

"Wow... We left and almost all of our friends have changed. What would have happened if we didn't leave? What would have life been like if we just stayed here?" Knuckles asked and we all looked around at one another.

"I don't find it wise to question yourself and what you did in the past. What I would do is question what you can do in the future," Someone said and we saw Shade standing in the entranceway of any mother hallway.

"Yeah Shade is right. You guys might have made stupid decisions. But their done. You can change what has happened. But you can choose your next moves. Carefully... Very Carefully," Dagger said from behind Shade and we all nodded and Dagger smirked a bit.

I just miss Sonic...

I want him back...

Everyone does...

I'm sorry.