Chapter Five

Vlad and I had planned to meet again today, but he wasn't there. I don't think he would just miss out on it or forget. How would that happen all of a sudden. I decided to talk to my cabin group about it.

"But what if he did forget?" Bailey said.

"He didn't! I know he didn't!"

"How do you know?"

"I can feel it. I know I sound crazy right now, but I can sense that something's wrong."

We say in silence, thinking about it. What if Vlad was hurt? What if he needed help immediately otherwise he would die? Each time I thought about it I would get a sick feeling in my stomach.

"We should search for him."

"Liv, it could take the whole day to find him." Riley said.

"Who cares?"

"The camp instructors. The teachers. Maybe even some of the other kids. We can't go and search for Vlad."

"But he's in trouble! I know he is! He needs help and we're just sitting here doing nothing!"

I get off my bed and walk outside. I start heading towards the hiking path so I can find the trail. But before I do, I notice a strange woman talking to the camp instructors.

She has black hair tied up in a bun with a light red dress and dark red jacket. She looked very formal and definitely didn't belong here. So why was she here?

The woman started to look around and her eyes landed on me. She pushed past the camp instructors and started walking up to me.

I feel stupid now. Why didn't I just leave? I didn't want to talk to this woman. She held out a hand and smiled.

"Hi." She said in a beautiful smooth voice. "I'm Jessabel."

"Uh, hi." I held out my hand too. "I'm Olivi-"

Jessabel grabbed my hand and lifted me in the air, then slammed me down on the ground. I didn't even scream in pain, I was in so much shock that I just layed there, my eyes wide and mouth open.

My friends and the instructors started running up, but Jessabel stretched out her hands and they flew backwards. Jessabel grabbed me and pulled me up, snapping me out of my daze.

I screamed and wiggled, breaking free of her grip. I started to pry her fingers off and she struggled to hold on. She let go of my shirt and grabbed my arms, holding them together. I bit down on her fingers.

She shrieked as her hand started to bleed. She stepped back, staring at her hand. I spat out the blood that got in my mouth and ran.