Chapter Eight

Vlad swung his first and Jessabel ducked. She threw herself into him and Vlad fell back. I ran out of the way and hid behind a tree, watching the battle unfold.

Jessabel kneeled on Vlad, her bony knee digging into his chest. Black blood sprayed out. Vlad roared and grabbed Jessabel's hair, pulling her back.

She shrieked and jumped off. Vlad stood up and held a hand to his chest. It started glowing and his skin closed over. The process looked painful, but it worked.

Vlad scratched Jessabel's cheek and she started bleeding too. She kicked Vlad and he fell, then jumped up, smacking Jessabel in the chin. She stepped back a bit, then straightened up.

Vlad landed and watched her approach. She kicked again and he dodged, grabbing her leg and flipping her over. She pushed herself up and punched Vlad in the stomach.

I could see the air leave Vlad as he rocked sideways, almost falling over. He grew small and his skin turned normal. He was on his knees, trying to breath.

Jessabel laughed and raised a foot. I panicked and grabbed a thick sharp branch off the ground. I charged forward, screaming. Jessabel turned and smiled. She grabbed me and I dropped the branch.

Jessabel raised me up to her opening mouth. I could see rows of teeth spread through her mouth and a small hole just big enough to fit a human. She leaned her head back and I dangled above it, kicking and scratching.

She was about to drop me when blood suddenly sprayed from her mouth. It hit the leaves of trees and also hit me. She hunched over and I dropped, but Vlad, who was big again, caught me.

Jessabel reverted back and fell forward, a puddle of blood forming under her. Vlad also turned small and held me in both arms before putting me down. He walked over to Jessabel and pulled out the branch that was sticking out of her back.

I wiped off the blood that had hit my face and got it off my clothes as well. It was thick and black. I almost threw up at the sight of it. Vlad walked over to me.

"Olivia..."

I threw my arms around him and hugged him. He hugged me back. I felt like crying all of a sudden. I guess I was just scared.

"I'm so sorry that I didn't tell you about this. About how I'm a vampire. I just didn't want to scare you off." Vlad whispered.

"It's ok. I don't care if you're a vampire. Honestly, I love vampires."

I could feel Vlad smile. He leaned back and we smiled at each other. He leaned in and kissed me. I was shocked at first, but soon relaxed and kissed him back.

I felt his body start to drop. As I pulled back I felt something sharp prick my tongue. It hurt like crazy, so I dropped Vlad and covered my mouth.

I realised that Vlad was on the ground, eyes closed and not moving. I knelt down beside him, shaking him.

"Vlad? Are you ok?"

I leaned down and listened for a breath. Would he even need to breathe? He's a vampire. That just confused me. I started to feel sick and tired.

"Vlad...wake. . ."

I fell over and everything disappeared.

<><><><><><><><><><>

This one was kinda short too. The next two chapters will be shorter. But that's for suspense. I'll publish both of them tomorrow. Hope you liked reading this chapter!