Chapter Six

I stopped at the toilets and leaned on the wall, getting my breath back. I'm not a very good runner. I looked back and saw Jessabel flying at me. She slammed into me and smashed my face into the wall.

All I could see was blood. I twirled around and kicked Jessabel. She stumbled back and I started running again. I tripped and fell, my face hitting the ground, causing more damage.

I spat out a tooth, followed by blood, then got up. I looked back and saw Jessabel running towards me again. I started running and soon reached the hiking trail. I was about to look back again, but decided against it. Until I felt someone breathing down my neck.

I turned my head and saw Jessabel right behind me. She jumped in the air and crashed down in front of me. I skidded to a stop and she walked towards me, her plump red lips forming a smile.

"W-what do you want?" I asked.

"I heard a rumour that you were meeting with a boy called Vlad."

She laughed at my reaction. I stepped back, thinking of what to say. I opened my mouth to say something, but no words came out. Jessabel laughed again. Then her face turned serious.

"I want you to stay away from him. I've already locked him up. Now all that's left is to kill you."

She jumped again, and I saw the path down the hill just a few steps up ahead. It was my only chance, so I ran. She landed on the ground and turned when she realised that I wasn't beneath her.

I jumped down the path and continued running down. Jessabel was chasing me again. I ignored her and ran to the spot I usually meet Vlad. I called for him, but couldn't see him anywhere.

I reached the spot but kept running. I had to find Vlad. Now I knew he was in trouble. I kept running until something started appearing out of nowhere.

It was huge. Covered in a dark red sort of colour with black around the window and door frames. It was like a castle, no, it was a castle. I traced my hand down the stone walls, then slowly opened the front door.

<><><><><><><><><><>

Sorry, this one was short. I hope you still enjoyed it. Also sorry I hadn't published this chapter all weekend. I was very busy. I'll try and publish Chapter Seven tomorrow in the afternoon. What do you think is gonna happen in the next few chapters? duhitsrae don't say a word cause you already know.