Chapter 7

(College)

The sound of loud screams filled the whole arena as the girls come out of their dugout. It's the opening of the volleyball season.

DLSU has a game today so it's reasonable to be here to support my school. I'm seated at the courtside right behind the bench of the coaching staff of the Lady Spikers. My brother, Jeric, is beside me although he's wearing a yellow shirt to show his Thomasian pride.

Actually, the first game of the season is DLSU vs UST.

Yes, he is staying at the green side. At least he's in a yellow shirt right?

I was amazed by the noise people are making right now. They're only warming up and yet the crowd is this loud. What more once the game starts?

Is it like this, too, during the basketball season? I know I'm supposed to know but I usually block everyone out of my thoughts and keep my focus inviolable before and during games so I'm really not aware.

"Shoti, you want?" I got one pack of chips and one bottle of water from him and mumbled "Thanks."

We sat patiently waiting for the game to start while eating snacks. We sat in a comfortable silence and we only talk when people approach us for pictures or autographs.

I took a glance at him and found out why he's not being talkative. He's staring at someone, specifically, at a lady spiker. Ahhh. Alam na!

Nagsmirk ako ng patago at nakakaloko habang may nabubuo ng plano sa isip ko.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

(College)

"Boo!" I snuck on Billie's back and shouted in her ears.

She jumped and let out a shriek. "Shit! Camille! What the heck!" I laughed hard in response while she just kept on slapping my shoulders. "Hahahaha! Kasi naman, ang lalim lalim ng iniisip mo!"

She made a face when she stopped hitting me which made me laugh more. "What's the problem?" I asked sincerely when my laugh ran out. I also handed her fries from McDonald's that I was eating. She shook her head and declined. "Wala lang. I was thinking about how much I'm going to miss this place pag naggraduate na ako." She said with a pout.

Pinilit ko siyang kumuha ng fries before replying, "Ang drama naman! Bakit, di ka ba pwede bumisita?", but she still declined.

"Pwede naman but I still have to adjust my schedule."

"Oh yun naman pala eh!" I answered with a hint of enthusiasm. She opened her mouth and was supposed to say something but nothing came out and it stayed open. I noticed that her eyes were looking at the back of me so as an instinct, I looked back.

Napakunot ang noo ko ng narealize kong she's staring at Kib Montalbo who seems to be approaching us. I looked back at her and I saw na mukha siyang natataranta so she stood up and gathered her things. "Cams, I'll text you na lang later. I remember something important that I need to do eh. Bye!"

Naghug siya sa akin at nagbeso. I was left dumbfounded with what happened but I really wasn't in the mood to think about things yet so I ignored it na lang.