Chapter 8

"Hi Bf, I missed you." I said sheepishly. It felt like it's high school all over again. I'm smiling awkwardly and being shy. And it's all because of her. 

I held her arm which made her jerk up and become aware of what's happening again. "J-jessey, w-what, h-how?" She couldn't even finish her sentences. Confusion is written all over her face.

"Somebody told me something about friendship yesterday so I thought that maybe this is the time we fix our issues." 

She nodded slowly as if trying to grasp everything that I just said.

"Come in." She stood on the side and opened the door widely for me. I smiled at her. 

I looked around her condominium. It's already full-furnished but there are still few boxes lying around the floor. 

The furnitures are mix of modern and antique valuables. Hmm, I didn't know this combination can look good. 

"So, how are you?" I asked her while still looking at all the appliances, figurines, paintings, and pictures.

"I'm doing good, actually. I'm got promoted in my work because I did well in Canada and I'm going to be drafted in the next season of PSL." She smiled widely. Is it just me or did her smile change? 

She offered me a tray of juices and two beer bottles. Calamansi Juice. My favorite.

"What about you, Ms. Architect, how are you?" She fancily said before drinking her own juice. 

"My firm is doing good. I'm still deciding if I should play next season." 

"Huh? Bakit naman? Don't you want to play with me? Tas malay mo, sa Army ako mapunta!" She joked. I wanted to answer We played before and I was the only one who got hurt when it was already game over so no thanks. but I stuck with "Ha. Kala mo naman, pababayaan ka ni Coach Ramil." We laughed lightly.

There was an awkward silence lingering for a few seconds. We were both just drinking. I didn't notice we're now drinking the beer. 

"I'm sorry, bf" I started. I can't take it anymore. We have to talk about this. This like 9, 10 years or so late from its due date. "Matagal na kitang napatawad at matagal ko na ring nakalimutan yun." 

"Alam mo naman, fourth year high school yun. Peak of maturity and we're all confused." I continued without minding what she said. "I loved you so much that time. I didn't know what to do when we stopped hanging out for a while because of him. I didn't know what I was thinking when I said I was just using you to some of our classmates. The only thing I know is that I loved you."

Confusion, guilt, pity, and just a hint of anger. Her face shows all of those. "Eh nung college?" She asked.

"Guilt was eating me. Regret was swallowing me. No one knew that I was feeling that way. Besides, I couldn't take the tension every time we hang out with sila Kim(Fernandez)" I wanted to add, I needed you that time, but decided to go against it. 

"Tinanong kita nun about Kiefer. You said 'it's okay' but I know you too well to know that you mean otherwise. Tapos bumalik ka nanaman sa pagbabalewala mo sa akin."

Oh crap. Obviously she would remember that. Honestly, hindi ako boto kay Kiefer sa una. Because I wanted someone else for her. Kaso, nung nakita kong masaya naman si Mika, then I accepted it.

"I'm sorry. I promise that won't happen again. I'm going to make it up to you." I stared intently at her eyes. Everything softens when she smiled and hugged me. "Okay. I missed you too, bf"