UNEDITED/ DO NOT READ || Chapter 4 - Little White Lies

Chapter 4 - Little White Lies

Cherilyn Sloan

I walk aimlessly, kicking the stone in the way. The cool breeze touches my face allowing a wave of calmness to wash through me. However, I go back to feeling uneasy as the conversation yesterday with Louis replays in my head.

"You're a lifeless ass. Stop pushing your way in everywhere!" I yelled at the lad standing at my porch.

"Isn't someone's panties in a wad?" He teased, walking closer. "Cher, honestly, I haven't known you for long but I can tell with complete certainty that you're miserable."

"Excuse me?" I gaped at him, stunned by his audacity of declaring his mere assumptions about me.

"You're miserable." He repeated coolly in his mellow voice. "I also have full faith when I say that you haven't smiled in a long time. Like genuinely smiled." He gave me a sympathetic look that I knew was meant to mock me. "You do know how to smile, right?"

I glared at him with anger fuming within me. "You have some nerve saying that to me." I narrowed my eyes and muttered loud enough for him to hear, "You don't know me."

"Maybe I don't." He shrugged but the smugness remained, playing with his features. "But I know you don't know how to live your life."

"You-!" I took a large stride as if to punch him in the face but his hands immediately got a hold of my wrists. I wouldn't have punched him anyway. Probably would have just shoved him.

"Oh, I know I'm a sexy beast Cher," He growled playfully. The close proximity made me anxious yet I looked at him straight in the eye - he was disturbingly captivating. "But I'm sorry you're not my type. For now, I need you to practice how to smile. It's not that hard you see."

He let go of my wrists and tried to tug the corners of my lips before I pushed his hands away from my face which held a peculiar feeling.

"Fuck you." I muttered, pushing away the strand of hair that fell over my face from my pony tail.

"Fuck you." He repeated casually and it ticked me off.

"You think I'll take the advice of a stranger who can't help but stick his nose everywhere?" I stepped closer to him, almost laughing bitterly. "Let's get this clear, we don't know each other, okay? Hell, I don't even know your last name."

With a playful grin, he pushed my glasses up my nose like he had before, turned around and walked away to his house as I stood on the entrance of mine wearing a scowl on my face.

Taking a deep breath, I turned back to walk inside. Before either of us shut the door, I heard him call out.

"Tomlinson." There was a brief pause. "Louis Tomlinson."

I had done a decent job in distracting myself from thinking about it. Now barely a day later, I groan in frustration, contemplating his words.

Had I really forgotten how to smile?

Had I forgotten how to feel happy?

I have done both of the things but since a long time; I've never actually felt it. How does it really feel to be happy? To feel adrenaline course through the veins because of genuine happiness? To feel the heart burst with joy? To feel the corners of my lips tug helplessly into a big goofy smile?

The feeling seems familiar yet so distant. I shake my head as if trying to clear my thoughts, instead I wonder. Have I really forgotten how to live?

The image of Harry appearing pops me out of my thoughts instantly. He walks towards the bench I just sat on and I find myself lightening up.

Louis has it all so wrong.