PART I::~: CHAPTER EIGHT :~:

—The Calm and the Storm—

::~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~::

Imagine my surprise when I stepped out of James' car. The CHILLIN LOUNGE is as you would expect it—there were orange and black streamers hung around it, frightening faces on various sized pumpkins that sat on short haystacks littered the front of the building. From outside looking in, it was dark. One could only see the silhouettes of men and women dancing, and flashing strobe lights.

Sabrina and I sat at the bar, waiting for our drinks while Max tries to hit on her.

"Would you ever get with a white boy?" Max asks her.

I chuckle as I finally got my drink from him but he held onto Sabrina's. "I'm sleeping with one," she admits to him with an attitude. "Now hand me my drink, little boy."

He rolls his eyes and muttered, "I'm not a little boy!"

Sabrina grabs her drink from him and turns to me. Slightly disappointed, Max tends to his other demanding customers.

"I think I might love him," she tells me somberly. "But that fucker is over there dancing happily with his hippie girlfriend while pretending like he wasn't just eating my pussy out the other night."

Words fail me as I watch Sabrina slightly shake her head and throwback her drink. "But I know he won't commit. If he has no problem sleeping with me behind his girlfriend's back, then he definitely wouldn't mind cheating on me if we got together." Once a cheater, always a cheater.

"How do you feel about sleeping with him knowing that you're causing the girlfriend pain?" I ask her. Jillian may seem cool with it, but I know deep down she isn't. What girl—who's been with the same guy for almost two years—is completely fine with her boyfriend sleeping with another woman? Unless Jillian has a guy on the side, she's not okay with this.

"I know, I know. But honestly, I could care less. He's something that I want, and I'm not gonna let his girlfriend get in the way."

My mouth drops open at her revelation. "You are something else." I sip my drink.

"Yeah, well my plan to acquire Chris is on hold at the moment. He's so mad at me right now, but I know that boy really wants me. He's just scared."

"What are you going to do about that?"

"Show him what's it's like not to have me." She quickly adjusts her nipples in her "costume". Sabrina is dressed like a stripper, so she just threw on one of her lingerie and a pair of jeans over it.

 Sabrina is dressed like a stripper, so she just threw on one of her lingerie and a pair of jeans over it

"This is his one of his favorite lingerie, by the way." She smirks. I shake my head at her child's play and scan the crowd.

"So, I hear this Halloween party is essentially a welcome back party for Dane." Sabrina doesn't know. Like I've mentioned before, no one knew except for Chris and Max.