The First Impression

When I say the dam broke, I meant it. 

I cried for about a solid 3 hours after I got that letter. 

The thoughts going through my head at the moment consisted of many different things. Some were: I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY ACTUALLY ACCEPTED ME and WHY WOULD THEY ACCEPT SOMEONE AS USELESS AS ME and don't forget I CAN'T HANDLE THIS!!!!

Now, don't get me wrong, I really did want to get into UA, and I'm happy I did, but I just have NO CONFIDENCE in myself. It really can put a damper on your mood when you should be celebrating an amazing accomplishment such as this is.

It is now weeks later.

AKA the first day of school.

.

.

.

"IM NOT READY FOR THIS GRAMMY! I THINK YOU SHOULD CALL ME IN SICK!" I yelled to my grandma (who is currently downstairs).

"I AM NOT CALLING YOU IN SICK DAMMIT! YOU'LL DO FINE (Y/N)!"

"BU-"

"NO BUTS! NOW GET DOWN HERE!"

I sighed scrunching my eyebrows. I turned and looked into a mirror.

Does my uniform look okay?  I grabbed my hair in my hands, Oh no, it doesn't. I look horrible! I can't go to school i-"

"(Y/N) I SWEAR IF YOU ARE QUESTIONING YOURSELF ON YOUR UNIFORM I WILL COME UP THERE AND GET YOU MYSELF!"

"GAH- O OH I WASNT! I WAS JUST uhhh... FIXING A FEW THINGS! YEAH!"

"SURE NOW GET YOUR LITTLE BUT DOWN HERE! YOUR BREAKFAST IS GONNA GET COLD AND YOU ARE GONNA BE LATE!"

"OKAY."

I quickly fixed my hair that I messed up by grabbing it and went down the stairs. I turned the corner and went to the kitchen. My grandma saw me and sighed stopping what she was doing (which what I assume was washing the dishes).

"(y/n) honey, I hope you know that I don't mean to be hard on you like that."

I looked at her with a small smile, "Grammy I know. I wish I wasn't so hard on myself as well, but I just..." I sigh, "I don't know how to stop. It seems to just be there ever since they left. I'm constantly doubting myself, 'am I doing good enough' 'do I look okay' 'why would they just leave' 'was I not good enough for them'. My brain is just constantly cycling through these questions that I don't know I'll ever get an answer for."

Grammy looked at me with a sad smile, "I wish I knew why they left to sweetie. I miss them as much as you do, but being hard on yourself like that is not going to bring them back."

"I know," I said looking down. "Well," I sigh grabbing my breakfast and my bag, "I'm off! I'll see you after school Grammy."

She smiled, "See you then."

~

After a 20-minute train ride and a 5-minute walk, I finally made it to UA, and let's just say that giant gate seems even more intimidating than it did when I came here for the entrance exams. I look down to the ground and sigh,

"You can do this (y/n), prove to them that you deserve to be here. I can and will be a hero."

"Haha! That was a nice speech you gave yourself there!"

"GAH!" I jumped and turned to find the person who spoke was a blonde that was taller than me. He also had interesting eyes.

"Ah! Sorry! Didn't mean to startle you!" He smiled.

"I, u-um, i-its okay." I stuttered back.

"Oh, that's good! I'm Mirio Togata! And the one that is hiding back there is Tamaki Amajiki!" He replied with a giant smile.

It was then that I noticed the other person shyly hiding behind one of the pillars outside the school gate.

"Tamaki! Come say hi!" The boy, who I now know is Mirio Togata, called over to the one hiding. He slowly came out from behind the post with his head down the whole time.

"H-hi," he said in a meek voice.

"What's your name?" Togata looked at me curiously. 

I looked at him and a small smile appeared on my face, "M-my name is (y/n) (l/n). N-nice to meet you."

My first impression of this place was pretty good.