Alumni: Remember A Year In The Life Of Friends (Edited)

Rachel Berry walked through the green fields of the cemetery, following the path she had been using for the past ten years

Rachel Berry walked through the green fields of the cemetery, following the path she had been using for the past ten years. She pulled her coat around her tightly, shivering a bit. Even though it was the middle of the summer, the graveyard always seemed to be cold.

She climbed the hill in silence, regretting telling her friends not to come, just like she did every single year. She finally arrived at the familiar gray headstone, decorated with white flowers and red drumsticks, and knelt down.

After sitting in silence for a while, she opened her mouth to sing, which was her plan every single year, but just like every single year, nothing came out. Rachel just hugged her stomach and cried, thinking about how life would have been if he never died. How there wouldn't be a gigantic hole in her heart. Suddenly, a familiar humming filled the clearing, and Rachel turned to find all her friends standing in a semi-circle around her.

Kurt:
Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
Five hundred twenty-five thousand moments so dear
Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
How do you measure, measure a year?

Santana:
In daylights
In sunsets

Puck:
In midnights
In cups of coffee

Quinn:
In inches
In miles

Sam:
In laughter
In strife

Everyone:
In five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
How do you measure a year in the life

How about love
How about love
How about love
Measure in love

Seasons of love
Seasons of love

Mercedes:
Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
Five hundred twenty-five thousand journeys to plan
Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
How do you measure the life of a woman or a man?

Mike:
In truths that she learned
Or in times that he cried

Tina:
In bridges he burned
Or the way that she died

Blaine:
It's time now to sing out
Though the story never ends

Brittany:
Let's celebrate
Remember a year
In the life of friends

Everyone (Artie):
Remember the love (Oh, you've got to, you've got to remember the love)
Remember the love (You know that love is a gift from above)
Remember the love (Share love, give love, spread love)
Measure in love (Measure, measure your life in love)

Everyone:
Seasons of love, love

Rachel shook with tears, as she stood up, and Kurt hurried over then pulled her into a hug. He rubbed her back, soothingly, not caring that she was covering his shoulder in snot. When Rachel collected herself, she gently pulled away from Kurt and looked up at her friends with red eyes.

"I thought you guys came this morning." She sniffled, taking the pack of tissues that Blaine handed her, and blowing her nose, noisily.

"We were going to, but then we decided to come when you came. I know you like to be alone when you come here, but we thought that you could use some company. You've been coming alone for ten years, Rachel. We had to be here with you today." Kurt said, staring sadly at the gravestone.

"I'm glad you came. It's easier when we're all together." She huddled closer to them, squeezing in between Santana and Kurt. "And thank you for singing. Today is the one day of the year, that I can't do it." Rachel's face crumpled as she fingered her "Finn" necklace.

"He would've understood, Rachel," Santana whispered, squeezing her other hand. Rachel stared at the gravestone and pulled away from her friends a little.

She knelt down in front of it again and stared at the words engraved on the gray rock.

Here lies Finn Christopher Hudson
1994 - 2013
Beloved Son, Brother, and Friend

Rachel gently brushed her finger over the cold stone, wishing more than anything that the word husband could be engraved on it too.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hello. Sorry if that wasn't really good, but I just had the idea and thought it would be a good one shot. The song, "Seasons of Love", is from Finn/Cory's tribute episode, "The Quarterback", and it always makes me cry. I switched around some of the singing parts, I thought they all deserved solos, but I only had the Alumni in this episode, I just feel like they knew Finn better. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the one shot and please comment any prompt ideas that you have. Thank you! Bye! 💜