The visionary

"When?"

"In 38 years."

"Haha...yeah right!  I don't have to tell you why your calculations are wrong."

"I can't prove it to you. I can't. I just know. Maybe there is some space-time phenomena..."

"Prove that then. Make yourself useful...And who is this looney toon?"

Alarmed,  Vir edged closer, keeping his voice down, "Sir, he is the Godman. He can help! We just need a quiet room and ten minutes. You need to see..."

"The who now?"

It was a rhetoric question. 

Vir sighed. He looked around at the busy men dressed in black, browns and greys. Then he looked at the saffron spectacle. 

I turned to leave.

GET TREATMENT!!!

I didn't turn.

***

33 years left.

"Why bother?" The best friend asked.

"I saw it. Clear as day. I was not high. I saw them." Vir exclaimed, "That's it. I'm taking a holiday!" 

"To where? You going back? If you're going back, take me. I would love me some cosmic food."

"I'm not going back."

"Get me some of those plants you chewed from there, will you?"

***

28 years left.

Vir packed his things in a bag. His pregnant wife looks on. 

I know what I saw. I saw what I saw. I have to go back.

" And what did you see?" asked Vir's reflection from the mirror across the room. 

"Why...", Vir sat down beside the suitcase. Defeated.

***

11 years ago, Day 7

Diary entry #5

Holy holy! If I don't write this down I'll forget this. This is going to be short. It was one of those sessions. The ones that felt undeniably, terribly real. 

I kept myself awake for two days straight. Microsleeping for the win. When I slept into that sweet hypnagogue, I turned off my every-15-minutes alarm.

I became the wind rushing through leaves and whole forests. It felt like I needed to be somewhere, I needed to move, that if I didn't, I would not survive. Then...just like waking up, I became the sun. An experience I did not particularly like. Spinning and spinning, throwing up periodically. 

Then I became the void. Even worse.

It felt like I was being crushed and shoved around. Like a piece of gum being chewed. Without the wetness. Figuratively. 

But all of this was noise. My mind's noise. Things I've to experience before I reach my target. When you reach your target, you just know. It's a feeling. A familiar feeling that...you are home. When you drop your bags and kick off your shoes. That kinda feeling.

So anyway, I reached my target, but I didn't reach my feeling. 

All this cosmic intervention to save my life. All I wanted was some peace and inspiration.

The middle star of the Orion's belt, Alnilam. That was where I was headed.  

I expected to be the star. I expected to be one of the three planets. I expected to be the entire Alnilam's system.