Chapter 3

Josh's POV

As Michael walks me around the school, pointing out my classrooms and showing me all the little spots he likes to hang out, I can't help but notice how pink his lips are, and how soft they look. Every time he moves his mouth I'm hypnotised by his voice, so gentle and relaxing. There has been more than one occasion where I caught myself staring at him, and a few of those times, he caught me, too, but simply smiled and continued with the tour. I think I'm starting to really like him, and I can't let that happen. I can't let myself fall for someone again when it'll just end in heartbreak. I won't let it happen. And who would like me anyway? I never stay in one place long enough to get really close to anyone, I'm annoying, I'm gay, I'm stubborn, I'm ugly - everything about me just screams LEAVE but Michael doesn't seem to get that message. Maybe he's different from the rest, maybe, just maybe, he feels the same... No. I can't let myself think like that. I'm not going to get my hopes up just to be crushed again. If I'm going to keep things realistic I need to distance myself from him, I can't be too close to him or I'll be tempted to try something. I don't want to ruin what we have, but I have to do something to try and kill whatever these feelings for him are.

Here goes nothing.

Michael's POV

Josh seems to be lost in thought a lot on this tour, I can't help but wonder if I'm boring him or if he just has a lot on his mind.

I can relate.

That's one of the reasons I volunteer to do these tours, to try and escape the thinking for a few days, at least. Maybe he moved to Perth for an escape, I'm not sure. What I am sure of, though, is how beautiful his eyes are, and the eyeliner really makes them stand out, an incredible shade of golden brown that I get lost in so damn easily. It physically hurts to think that I can't just lean over and kiss his slightly chapped lips. Nonetheless, I push past my thoughts and continue with the tour, trying to act like there aren't a million butterflies in my stomach, itching to be let out by our lonely lips colliding.

"Earth to Michael?" An angelic voice snaps me out of my thoughts. "You there babe?"

"Did you just call me babe?" I question, hope lacing my voice.

"Oh, um, yeah," He says, looking down. "Sorry Michael."

"No, don't be sorry, it's fine." I reply quickly.

"O-okay," He says. "Should we keep going now?"

"Yeah," I reply, sighing slightly. "Of course."

I continue with the tour, acting like everything's fine and trying to kill whatever these feelings for him are. He obviously doesn't feel the same and calling me 'babe' was probably just to get my attention.

Right?

-

-

-

A/N

I'M SORRY THIS IS SO SHORT I PROMISE MORE WILL HAPPEN IN THE NEXT ONE

Also, please comment any ideas you have for the story. I've got a rough idea of what's gonna happen but I wanna have something before and after and leading up to it and all that.

Anyway, comment your ideas and I'll give you credit!!

Thanks,

-Sam xx