5 : show me all there know

Things eventually changed. They were finally talking again like how they used to instead they were older and this time there was a spark between them that they both couldn't deny. While Chaeyoung stayed over Jennie's for the meanwhile because it was lonely at hers, she was swarmed by questions and one of them were, "What's up with you and Jeongguk?".

"Nothing, we're just best friends" she answered.

Jennie chuckled, "They always say that" she wiggled her eyebrows. "No way" Chaeyoung scrunched her nose, "It's never gonna be like that I swear" she laughed. "Sweet Chaeng" she sighed, "Time will come and when it does I will be the first one to say I told you so" she gummy smiled.

'I told you so' she hated that. And she was going to make sure that it didn't happen, because it just couldn't happen. She had her reasons, I'm sure he had his. She wouldn't allow it, not even the universe. It would be wrong but how she thought was different to how she felt.

There was a spark among the two of them, that no one could deny. It was obvious but she was too stubborn to admit her feelings. She flinched where a pair of hands wrapped to herself, knowing it was Jeongguk the moment she smelled his scent she relaxed.

"Hey there.."  he murmured.

"Oh hey.." she blushed.

"Wanna come to Taehyung party tonight?" he whispered.

Chaeyoung was spun around and found herself only centimeters away from his face, "Please" he puppy eyed her. "Why?" she pouted. "Because...It'll be fun and you'll bring your friends right?" he cocked a brow. That immediate smile that founded her face dropped in an instant.

"Why?" she didn't intend to sound jealous but it came out that way.

Jeongguk stepped backwards with his hands up in the air, "I-It's not for me" he awkwardly laugh, "It's for my hyung, he likes one of your friends you see" he feign a nervous smile. "Oh, then of course all my friends will be there, anything else?" she crossed her arms. "Will you be there?" he asked in a hushed tone.

"Of course I'll be there".

It was friday night, dragging all her friends there she knew it'll be one hell of a night. His penthouse was huge and filled with some vintage pieces and old paintings that only Taehyung would get.

She wore a short leather skirt with a knitted boob tube and a pair of stan smiths. Suiting along with some vintage bomber of her dad's and her hair in a high ponytail, it wasn't much effort at all.

"Hey" a deep voice greeted.

"Hey where's Jeongguk?" she asked.

"Oh he's right over there—" he pointing to the far corner where he had his hand wrapped around another girl waist.

She swallowed, "Who's the girl?" she asked.

"Oh some girl—" stopped when she snatched his red cup,she sculled that within seconds and wiped her mouth. "You got anymore of those?" she cut him off. "Yeah...right in the k-kitchen" he stuttered.

"Thanks" she muttered.

Taehyung watched her and shrugged waiting to greet Jisoo next.

Holding onto her red cup as she watched Jeongguk dance with that girl, she swallowed when she saw him hold her hips and how he grinded behind her. It was like a pang to her chest, she didn't want to admit it but a part in her was of course jealous.

"What's with the face!" Lisa snorted.

"Nothing.." she lied, "Let me get another drink.." she said.