Chapter 4

Things progressed and as days turned in to weeks I was slowly starting to feel better. I had grown close to Seth which was a little weird. It wasn’t like we weren’t friends before any of this happened but I honestly thought that I would have spent most of my time with Roman.

“Indiana you are not allowed to steal my hair dye!” Seth yelled as I turned a corner running through the halls of the arena that we were at tonight. Tonight was going to be weird, tonight was the last time that The Shield would be The Shield. I was upset as it meant that I might not get to spend as much time with Seth as I wanted to.

“You don’t need it, Cruella!” I shouted as I giggled and hit behind some crates.

“You’re so bad at hiding, Indie.” He laughed and tackled me to the ground snatching the box of hair dye from my hands and grinning at me. In the last few weeks those oh so convenient camera men had caught a few moments with me and Seth and apparently this was another one.

I was breathing hard and my heart was racing a hundred miles an hour and I’m pretty sure my cheeks were a shade pink that I don’t own in makeup. Seth moved his free hand to lift himself up and he was hovering over me. I bit my lip thinking about everything that was going on, if it was happening, I didn’t want it to happen on national television. I pushed him off and the camera man backed off finding something else to tape.

I pull myself up, I don’t know why I just got so weird, the cameras I suppose. Seth follows me back to the dressing room, tonight he’s turning his back on The Shield. He grabs my hand just before we walk back in to the dressing room. I stop walking and look up at him, he looks funny. I’m not sure what it is, sad, angry; I don’t know what it is but it worries me. “I’m gonna miss you,” He mutters.

“Why?” I tilt my head to the side. Just because he’s going off on his own doesn’t mean that we won’t be seeing each other. We’ll still be staying at the same hotels and travelling to the same places. I look down at his hand wrapped softly around mine and I can’t help but smile. Seth makes me happy, almost as happy as Roman makes me.

So I might need to explain something, Roman made the decision not long after I broke down in the bathroom after the whole Randy thing, he made the decision to back off. I’m not sure if it was Dean that scared him off or what but he decided that we should just be friends. It hurt but I sucked it up and Seth decided that he could take his place.

“Well I won’t get to see you as much, and if you want to snuggle at night time you’ll have to sneak out like you used to when Dean didn’t know that you were dating Randy.” The way Seth said his name was a surprise to me, he practically spat his name. I laughed softly and reached up to slap his cheek gently.