The Murder - Chapter 1

He was wearing what seemed to be a well used coat and a old detective hat, he leaned over the warm pipe and ignited his cigar in one of the exhaust pipes sticking out of the wall. "So you want my help huh?" he said while the cigar was hanging barely on his lips. "Yes, well you see there's been a murder down pipeboulevard." "I'm gonna have to stop you there officer cutie" he had a nasty smirk on his face as he interrupted. "So your telling me you need my help, to catch a murderer?", "y..yes.." Officer Canter stammer'd. "well, well, well, so the police force need a low life PI like me to come to their rescue huh?" he lifted his coat over his thighs and put his hands in the two strikingly thin pockets on the sides, as he was walking side to side with the officer down the small corridor he bumped into one of the pipes with his left arm and a loud metal noise echoed down the hallway. The officer was shocked, "your, you're...", "yes" he said and spit the cigar stump on the ground followed by a stomp.

As the two were standing at the crime scene checking the corpse of one of the mafia mob bosses, the detective flipped one of the inside pockets, out fell a ticket to the late night club dance. The late night club dance is known to be dangerous with lots of mob bosses there. "Ahhh, Jacob!" one of the police chief's came up to the detective and gave him a massive hug. "Still in one piece ha Jake?" The chief was a big dude, he had giant muscles and was not someone you wanted to mess with. Despite his looks he is actually a very emotional dude and a very good friend of Jacob. "Hey old friend, have you gotten bigger" they both laughed and hugged each other. "So Flake, what do you have for me?" Jake said, " Well we're not sure, it seems as though the killer just vanished into thin air. We have no clues." Chief Flake responded in desperation, "the city council is on my ass, as well as the head of police." "Don't worry Flake, i got this".

Jake started to scan the area using his mech eyes. You see Jakob is half human, half robot. Being a mech in this world is rare, so many don't like them, Jakob used to be on the force together with Flake they were unstoppable. But because of Jakobs appearance he was thrown out, and started his own private investigator business.

"I see what you mean Flake, no sign of any physical contact." Jake straightened his back and stood up looking around the scene. Jake lit up one of his primetime cigarettes and started pondering. "So what do you think Jake?" Flake stood as a question mark waiting for an answer. "I don't know, whoever did this is professional. No fingerprints, no residue, no nothing. Like you said, vanished into thin air." Jake puffed out a giant cloud of smoke, and reached for a new cig. "There are certain rumors that could support this incident, I've heard some chatter going around the mob, someone has an agenda against them and is killing there chain of command one by one, but someone who could vanish and leave no trace I have never-" "You're right Flake" Jake answered stomping his cigar in the middle of the crime scene. "There are more and more killings everyday... This can't be the work of one single person." "So your saying an entire gang is nailing them of one by one?" "yes".

"Man and robots together have always cooperated, but when the 2 mixed together, the world hated them. Trust me, i know." Jakob Faith

Jakob was sitting in his office with his feet kicked high up in the air, he was online browsing for some new cigars, As always he ordered a classic box of cuban cigars, one of his favourites. You see Jakob uses cigars as a means to focus, they smell good and he can't really die from it because he's a robot. His office is surprisingly clean, high tech technology on every wall, nothing like how you would think an private investigators office would look like. He has a dedicated "closet" for different robes, and other clothing, pretty much everything you can imagine is automatic in his office, considering he don't have any problem with tech it's no wonder.

For the last couple of days Jakob has been trying to recreate the scene in his "re-scene constructor software" but with no further leads. As Jakob was about to leave he suddenly heard a knock on his front door, as he opened it he saw a giant wall of shadow and muscles. "Why won't you answer my messages?" "Listen Flake, i contact you when i find something more out, and until now i haven't" "Jakob, i'm more than just chief of police, i'm your friend as well. You know if you ever need anything you just call me..." Jakob noticed that flake was on the brink of tears, as said before Flake is quite the emotional dude. "We're more than just colleges, we're brothers Jake. Don't you understand that, what happened to you was terrible, but that shouldn't control your future." Flake knew that the subject he was seeping over to was heavy for Jakob. You see, the way cyborgs were made is horrible, they are kidnapped children, who has been tortured and opened up several times to allow for "enhancements" as the cyborg institute will have it. The story is always the same, kids kidnapped and tortured and then after years of development they finally make them complete and send them out into the world. Thing is, no one really knows who does it, who the people creating cyborg-humans are. "Flake i appreciate your kind words, and yes i know i can contact you whenever i need to, but you have to understand something, i have my own demons which i need to take care of myself, but if i ever need a beer with someone, your of course the first person i'll call." Flake had started to cry as jake was done talking, he leaned in for a hug and bent his big arms around jake squeezing his bolts. "Your...re... kill...ling me." "I can't help it!" Flake yelled out in tears.