・: I :・

The sounds of dulled heels hitting a cobblestone pathway after a horrendous storm was all that was heard on a relatively peaceful night

The sounds of dulled heels hitting a cobblestone pathway after a horrendous storm was all that was heard on a relatively peaceful night. The scent of rain still lingered in the air as the darkened clouds above warned of an impending storm. You paid it no heed as you continued down the darkened alleyways towards your apartment.

You seemed to frighten an alley cat as it got into a fighting stance, waiting for you to make the first move so it could unleash it's attack.

"You must just be hungry" you whispered in hopes of not further frightening the feline. You rummaged through your grocery bags until you found some crackers and a water bottle. You placed a cloth on the ground and placed the crackers on top of it. Luckily you had brought a tea set at the store. You pulled out a cup and poured the water in before placing the items in front of the cat who seemed frightened at what you were doing. The cat backed away a bit, promoting you to start walking away. A warm grin formed on your lips as you saw the cat start to eat from the corner of your eye.

"Feeding a stray cat on a lonely night such as this" a soothing voice mumbled causing you to turn your head and instinctively grab your hidden pepperspray.

"No need to get scared, I was just on my way to work" the man mumbled as he leaned off of the brick wall. He seemed to stagger causing you to worry.

"Are you hurt?" You asked, forgetting that you were all alone in a darkened alleyway at the middle of the night. After being helplessly abandononed at such a young age, you always had a soft spot for those that are helpless.

"Not bad enough for a cute young woman to be worrying her cute little head about" he muttered as a groan escaped his lips causing you to drop your bags and rush to his aid.

You gasped as you felt something warm and moist on your hands as you tried to steady the man. He was hurt and not only that, he was bleeding nonstop.

"I live nearby. Let me at least treat your wounds" you whispered as you placed the man's arm around your shoulder and snaked your arm around his waist.

"Didn't Mommy ever tell you not to talk to strangers? For all you know I could be a serial rapist or worst, I could be a killer." He emphasized the word killer, but you ignored it.

"Killer or not, you're hurt so you can't do anything to hurt me. Be thankful I didn't leave you there by yourself or else you would be dead by the morning" you mumbled as your apartment complex came into view.

The man didn't seem to struggle as you helped him walk up the darkened stairs to your apartment. You helped him lean back against the wall as you looked for your key and opened the door. You went in first and turned the lights on before walking out and helping the man in and walking him to the couch.

"I'll be back with bandages" you mumbled in panic as you searched for some bandages and ointment. You had lived alone all your life ever since your family was killed in cold blood. Being a fulltime student and a part timer you had to save money whenever you could. The last time you had bought bandages was back when you fell down the stairs three years ago.