[ Chapter 4 ] A Miracle? Or..

"What are you doing here, Master?"

"A-ah..?"

Once more, the Hassan called her their Master. Yet, Ritsuka didn't remember bringing any of the Hassans other than King with her into this Lostbelt. She didn't know how to answer the question of her supposed Servant.

She had far too many questions, but she didn't know how to begin. However, there was one thing she needed to confirm. It's the only thing that would put her at any ease of mind.

"If you really are my Servant, tell me your True Name, and take off your Mask of Hassan."

A Servant's True Name, a quintessential part of a Heroic Spirit. To reveal one's name would mean revealing one's history, strength and weaknesses before becoming a Heroic Spirit, and is the sign of one's loyalty to their Master.

And to top that off, removing a Hassan's mask is to give up their anonymity and reveal their identity as an Assassin. It was the ultimate test of trust for any Old Men of the Mountain Servants.

"As you command." The Hassan removes her cloak, revealing a slender form with ponytail styled hair. As she takes off her mask, the face of a beauty is shown.

"We are Hassan-i-Sabbah of a Hundred Personas. Or, as Master has normally nicknamed this persona, Asako."

It was definitely her Servant alright. Next to nobody else in the world would give a nickname like that a legendary Assassin other than her. Now the real question came.

"Why are you out here? And why did you attack us indiscriminately?"

"Huh? But, didn't you order us to attack any intruders that attempted to get close to Chaldea?" On Hundred Personas' face was that of true confusion. There was not a hint of deceit anywhere in those words. This, however, confused Ritsuka and the gang more so than everyone else.

"I...never did that? Besides, Chaldea has been destroyed by Anastasia, nobody is based there anymore."

"Ana..stasia? I'm sorry Master, but you aren't making much sense here. We clearly remember you being the one who gave us these orders."

"The one not making any sense here is you." Ritsuka thought to herself. She hadn't summoned Hundred Personas in a good while, and she sure as hell didn't tell her to stay back at Chaldea and defend what's left of it.

"What's the current status of Chaldea right now Asako?" Since this was a Lostbelt, anything could have happened. She needed to keep that in mind. At the very least, more information was important.

"We're currently on high alert from the appearance of a Singularity. Right now, that Doctor and Director are--"

Before Hundred Personas could finish her sentence, Ritsuka grabbed her by the shoulders and brought her close enough to the point they could feel each other's chilly breaths.

"What do you mean, Doctor and Director?" Her words were straight to the point, and so was her tone.

"Doctor Roman and Director Olga, they've been--"

Ritsuka gives an almost deathlike glare to Hundred Personas, causing her to catch her tongue. For the first time in their life as a Servant, they felt fear from a Master.

"Take me to Chaldea. Now."

----- 15 minutes after the encounter -----

Ritsuka and Mash followed the lead of Hundred Personas, while King Hassan, Cu and Tamamo returned to their spirit forms.

To Ritsuka, this whole situation was bewildering. Was this Lostbelt somewhere in the past? But if so, why did Hundred Personas refer to her as Master?