| Bartholomew Henry "Barry" Allen |

Word Count: 3994

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Time Wraiths snatched Zoom from the ground, his body deteriorating and shriveling up. Everyone watched in triumph. Their biggest threat was gone, and would never return. They didn't have to worry about him anymore. He wouldn't create anymore chaos for any other world.

A raspy cackle left the dying speedster. Everyone looked up and glared. What could this maniac be laughing for? He's been defeated and all his allies were dead or disabled.

"The hell are you laughing at?"

"I may be defeated..." He wheezed. "But I took away what you loved most. And that's all that matters."

Then he vanished; into the portal to never be seen again. Barry's mind lingered on his comment. Took away what he loved? His mother was gone. And he got his vengeance for his father. Cisco and Caitlin were fine, Harry, Jesse, and Wally were also okay, and Joe and Iris were at his apartment. Who could he possibly be

Oh God...

He sped to his apartment. Excluding the fact that he was running at speeds no other human could make, his heart felt like it was going to burst. Anxiety filled every nerve of his body. Terrifying thoughts began to fill his head. If anything happened to her, he knew he would lose his shit. If she even had a single hair missing in her head, he'd jump into that portal and kick his ass, this time not in a race.

She was his everything. She was his Moon and Stars, His Sun and clear skies. And every time she got hurt because of him, he beat himself up and used his heart and soul to pour out countless apologies to her. Seeing her happy and smiling made even his most tragic days brighter. Seeing her being well, whether it was physically, mentally or emotionally, made his smile never fall.

But she was the one Zoom was talking about.

What did he do to her?...

When he got there, the door was slightly open. He could hear sobs coming from the inside, and his anxiety practically skyrocketed. The sobs became louder.

Walking into the apartment, Iris was on her knees, covering her mouth with one hand as tears ran down her face. She looked like the most important thing on Earth had just be destroyed. She looked extremely distraught. He took off his cowl.

"Iris, what's wrong?"

Iris said nothing. She just lifted her other hand, her hand having small smudges of blood on her fingertips. She was holding something. Barry reached to her, his hand open, and she placed her fingers into his palm, letting go of the unknown object.

Once he saw what it was, his face paled.

It was a diamond pendant.

Her diamond pendant. 

The one he got her for her birthday a year ago. The diamond itself had speckles of blood on it, and part of the chain was soaked in it.

He looked back at Iris, she stared at him with fresh tears in her eyes. This much emotion made Barry's eyes begin to water, and his throat began to hurt. Whatever was making her act like this was starting to have a big affect on him.

His grip on the pendant anything but gentle, he walked into the living room. Standing with his back faced to him was Joe. There was a large, thick stream of blood leading into a place he couldn't see.