Chapter 7

I immediately pull away from her and say,

"Sorry Jessica. I can't." She nods and goes into the washroom. I just sat on the bed and stared at the wall. A few minutes later she walked out in her pyjamas. I got up and walked to the couch and made it into the bed and everything was silent. I fell asleep right after Jessica fell asleep.

It was around 3 in the morning when I got a text. It read,

" Ahad. It's me Madison. I am ok but mad at you for 2 reasons. The first thing is you didn't listen to me and tried contacting and trying to find me. I told u not too. Second you made out with a random girl while trying to find me! What the hell? And you say u love me! I'm so fucking mad! This is the last chance. STOP TRYING TO FIND ME! If u continue to try...I...I just can't say it but it's bad. For your sake and mine. Leave me alone." Leave me alone. I kept on repeating that in my head. My heart shattered in a million pieces. I couldn't handle it. Those three words finally broke me. I just broke down and froze. I slammed my fist onto the couch and threw my phone at the wall. That woke Jessica up. She jumped up and looked around and said,

"Wtf? Ahad it's 3 a.m. What are you doing?" She looked at me and knew I was upset. She got out of the bed and picked up the phone. She read the text messages through the cracked screen and just sighed. She sat beside me on the floor in front of the couch with her knees up. I looked the other way because I didn't want her to see me.

"Wow. This is really fucked up isn't it? I don't even know what to say right now. I mean right now all I'm gonna say is sorry for what's happened. Sorry about Madison and especially sorry for what has happened between us two in the past week."

" You don't have to be sorry for shit." I said in a whispery/sad voice.

" At least you're here to help unlike some people. Even if it is her though, I'm still gonna look for her because I wanna know what happened." I laughed a little and said,

"You know it's funny. On our first real date by ourselves Madison's brother stopped me and said, 'No matter what happens you better take care of her or else I'm gonna hunt you down and hurt you.' And now tomorrow I'm gonna have to go down there and tell Steven face to face, man to man and tell him that Madison is missing." Jessica just sat there and listened.

"But you know whatever right? I'd rather get the crap beat out of me then live in a world without Madison. After reading that text I wish Steven fucking murders me. I fucking deserve it!" Jessica looks away but I could tell tears were rolling down her face. She opens my phone and reads the message again.

"This text probably hurts more then what Steven will do to me." I look at Jessica and her eyes are moving like crazy. I looked at her closer and saw that she was rereading the text again and again. Her eyes widened. I grab the phone from her and reread the painful text. I saw what she was reading. I saw why she opened her eyes. The text. It wasn't from Madison. I knew that because of......