CHAPTER 9

The note had directions on it for some reason. I decided to follow the note. After about 45 minutes of driving, I finally got to the destination. It was an old abandoned warehouse. I thought to myself, " Is this the place where Madison is?"

I parked the car and slowly walk to the main door. I reach out for the door and push it open. I couldn't believe what I saw.

"TORRI?" She was all tied up on a chair. I ran to her. She looked terrified. I untie her. She was in tears.

"I...I.....I w-w..was tr... trying to f...f..ind Madis....on and ...... s...s." She tried saying.

"Breathe. Relax. You breathe first and relax. Then talk to me." I waited for her to calm down.

I took her to the car and sat her down in it.

"You good now?" I asked. She nodded.

"Ok. Start over."

"I was sitting at a restaurant when somebody just walked by and slid a napkin under my plate. I opened it and it led me here. When I got here I opened the door and these two guys dressed in all black tackled me and covered my face. That's all I can remember." She was in tears at this point.

"Anything else you can remember?" I asked.

"Umm." She thought hard. "There was a black car in front of the door. I don't know what type but I know it's black."

"That's good. Just don't worry. You're ok now." I reached out to hug her.

"Where's.....where is Jessica?" She asked.

"She had to stay in Dallas. Apparently her parents didn't know she was hanging all over Texas."

"Now what do we do?" Torri asked.

"I don't know. I have no ideas of where to go." I pulled out the paper and started to study it. I looked at each word carefully. We both sat there for a good hour studying the note Jessica gave me.

All of a sudden a black SUV zooms pass us on the road.

"AHAD! THATS THE CAR I SAW! THE SUV! IN FRONT OF THE DOOR!" She screamed and yelled pulling my shirt. I turned around and saw the SUV speeding away. I quickly start the car and immediately chase the SUV.

"Can you see the driver? Or anybody in the car?" I asked

"No. The windows are all tinted. Just stay close to them."

"I'm trying." This SUV was going somewhere important.

"Why are they going so fast? Why did they speed off when they saw us?" Torri kept asking. She was panicking.

"Torri. Breathe. Don't worry I'm not gonna lose them." All of a sudden they turned into this dirt road. I took a sharp right and stayed right behind them.

"Why are they...." I look at her

"Sorry I'll relax."

"Thank you." The SUV kept on swerving and trying to avoid us. I tried my hardest to stay with them. All of a sudden this huge random warehouse appeared. The SUV turned towards it.

"That's where they must be going!"

"Really Torri? I thought they had a piss

break." She gave me a short death stare. The SUV finally stopped. Only one person jumped out and ran into the warehouse. That person was pretty short and had long hair.

I quickly stop the car and we both get out. I signalled Torri to check the passenger side of the car while I look at the other. She nods.

"There's no one here." She said.

"Same. It's clear. Only one person?"

Then we hear a loud horrifying scream. I immediately thought it was Madison. I look at Torri and she had the same thought.

"MADISON! HOLD ON IM COMING!"

I ran towards the door. I try to open it.

"It's locked!" I told Torri. "Stand back."

I take a few steps back and kick the door. Nothing happened. Another scream. I took another step back and kicked the door as hard as I could. The door breaks and falls down. What I saw was unbelievable!