Chapter 8

The text had just two flaws. The flaws were that first the text said

' You tried to find me.' How would Madison know I was trying to find her? I asked that question to Jessica. We kept going over it.

"Maybe someone told her we were looking for her? Like Steven or someone." Jessica suggested.

"That might be it but we barely talked to anybody. Plus only Torri talked to him." I said. We both looked at each other. At the same time we both said,

"Torri!"

"She must've told Madison!" Jessica yelled out.

"Or Torri sent the text!" I said.

"It makes sense. I mean Madison wouldn't know we looked for her and that I kissed you. And who's the only person that saw us two?"

"Torri! Holy shit Ahad. How did I not see that?"

"Don't worry about it. Just finish packing up. We need to go to Stevens right away." She nods and starts packing up. About 20 minutes later we were both out of the hotel and in Jessica's car.

We were in the parking lot of Stevens apartment in 30 minutes. We both sat in the car.

"So... Am I going with you?" Jessica asks. I sat there and thought for a while.

"I don't know. Can you stop Steven from beating the living shit out of me?" I asked. She didn't know if I was joking or not and neither did I.

We both got out and headed towards Stevens room. When we got there, I looked at Jessica, took a huge deep breath and knocked on the door. Stephen opened the door and said,

"Oh hey Ahad. How are you doing? Who's this? And where's Madison?"

"Hey Steven. I'm good. Jessica this is Steven. Steven this is Jessica. Yeah that's what I'm here to talk about. Can we come in?"

"Yeah. Yeah. Sorry. Yeah come in." We walked in and Jessica said,

"Wow. I love your place Steven. It's amazing."

"Thanks Jessica." We sat down and I was so nervous to talk to him. You see Steven was in the military. So he was fit. Like HUGE!

"Steven you know how much I love your sister and that I'll do anything for her. Mostly because she's so amazing and awesome and caring. And because you told me to take care of her. I've been doing that since you've told me that." I started off.

"Yeah I know. Ahad what happened?"

"Almost a week ago Madison and I were gonna go out on a date but something happened. I was all ready and stuff and was waiting for her. I waited for at least almost an hour. I decided to check up on her and I open the bathroom door and she's on the edge of the tub crying. I was so confused. I comforted her and we decided that we'd order pizza and stay in. We did that and we both fell asleep on the couch. The next morning......"

I stopped. I couldn't say it. It was too hard for me to remember that. Jessica grabbed my hand and mouthed 'Its ok'. Steven was there with a confused look.

"Ahad! What happened when you woke up?" I took a deep breath and continued on.

"She was gone. Steven she's gone. I fucked up. I woke up and she was gone. I don't know what happened."

Steven got up and he was walking towards me. Jessica stood up and was blocking him from me.

"Steven stop! Stop! It wasn't his fault. Steven! STOP! STOP STEVEN!" I got up. Tears rushing down my face.

"I feel so bad Stephen. I didn't say anything bad. YOU KNOW I LOVE HER." There was just a bunch of yelling.

"YOU LOST MY LITTLE SISTER? HOW DOES THAT PROVE THAT YOU LOVE HER?" All of a sudden the door opens and it's Stevens girlfriend Haley. She had groceries in her hand. She saw Jessica trying to hold Steven back. She dropped her groceries and ran to help Jessica.