Chapter 3 -Unexpected-

"Don't touch the box," I said to Melanie, who I had caught looking through the box again. Melanie jumped up, the box in her hands. 

"But it's so interesting!" Melanie said, holding up a picture of me and my sister after a day at the beach. I stepped forward, taking the box from her hands. "Fine," She said, walking away. "But can I photocopy this photo? It's so cute!" I sighed and tried to take it from her. I really didn't want anything in that box to be seen by anyone else, granted Melanie had already pawed through the top few photos. 

"No, please give it to me." I said. Melanie pouted and then put the photo on top of the box. "Thank you." I said, putting the box onto my desk. "I seriously don't like people snooping through this box. I have tons of photos to look through so why do you want to see these so badly?" I asked, and Melanie looked surprised. 

"I didn't know that you were that bothered by it," She said. "It's just why hide certain photos in that one box? Is it something bad?" I shrugged, stepping away from it. 

"It just contains not so great memories," I said. Melanie nodded. 

"Sorry, I'll try to resist going through it." Melanie then turned and walked into the kitchen muttering something about finding a snack. 

"Don't try just do." I said, casting one last look at the photo before going to join Melanie. 

* * *TIME SKIP * * * A few hours later

"Aren't you going to go to bed soon?" I heard Melanie ask. I looked at the clock. 11PM was what it said. I looked back at the work I wanted to get over with before sighing. 

"Yeah I guess." I said. I stood up and started to put my things away. The box still sat on the desk and the photo on top sat untouched. I suddenly felt a flaring pain in my foot and realized I had accidentally dropped one of my books onto it. I muttered a curse under my breath and bent dow to retrieve it. Then I smacked my forehead into the side of the table and I stood up with the book in my hand. Then to top it all off the box and photo fell of the edge of the table and the box spilled its contents all over the rug. 

I quickly lunged to pick them all up before Melanie could take a closer look at any and then I touched a photo and the world started to crumble away before me.