Chapter 5 -Naps-

"What the hell happened last night Summer?" Melanie's voice asked, cutting through the ringing in my ears. "One minute you were standing up and just fine and the next boom you're twitching on the floor." I opened my eyes and saw that I was lying on my bed. It was morning and Melanie was sitting next to me, dark bags under her eyes. Her hair wasn't brushed and she still had traces of her makeup from the day before still visible. 

"I was at the beach," I said. "But I wasn't at the beach, it was so freaking weird." I sat up and saw the box of photos sitting neatly on my desk. "Did I really fall?" Melanie nodded. "You didn't snoop through them right?" She shook her head. 

"You did fall and I ended up half carrying and half dragging you to the closest bed, thankfully yours. Then I tucked you in and sometimes during the night you had a small case of the shivers and you mumbled in your sleep." Melanie looked to where I was looking and smiled a little. "And don't worry. I didn't snoop. I just picked them all up and put them into the box. It seemed wrong to go through it without your consent." She took my hand in hers and I smiled. 

"Thank you." I said. "I don't know how I would even be able to cook myself a frozen dinner without you." We both laughed and I told Melanie to get cleaned up and take a nap before her physics class. "I hope you don't fall asleep in physics." I said. "But if you do I can help you." 

"Well that's good to know." Melanie said, before going to take a shower and a nap before she needed to leave. I sat under the covers for a while trying to figure out why what had happened, happened. It seemed to happen right after I had touched the photo, and it was a pretty long memory. 

I would need to test it more, but I was too tired so I snuggled back under the covers with my bunny, very creatively named Carrot, and went back to sleep. 

A/N: sorry if this was more of a filler chapter, I wanted to update but I've been having some creative block lately so this was literally the best I could come up with all day. I was supposed to be doing my homework but I'll finish it after I write this. It'll only take minutes so I'll just put it off for a little bit longer. But don't be like me and procrastinate. Don't do that, it's caused me a lot of stress lately but I think that's because of this habit so yeee. Don't procrastinate like me. bye!