Chapter 3

Yugi pulls Gaia the Fierce Knight in attack mode.

Sasig pulls Mother Grizzly in defense mode and places down 2 spell cards.

Yugi pulled Feral Imp and made Fierce Knight attack Mother Grizzly.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"I shall remain by my king's side until I seize to exist. Until then, I shall never abandon him." The woman's voice echoed through Yugi's mind.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Yami was now panting, he was down to 250 life points left, and he was losing hope.

But Yami, we know how to turn this around.

You're right! Crystal! Now if only I can pull her!

Yami pulled a card, and he pulled Crystal's card, he also put down the dark pendant to add 500 ATK points to her.

"I place down my mystery card and to raise her attack points I have used Black Pendant!"

"Mystery Card?!" Sagig cried in rage as Crystal fazed into the field and stared up at him coldly.

"Crystal..." Yami spoke out softly, but it got her attention, "I only have 250 life points left, and the Millennium Puzzle is the prize if he wins..." Crystal looked at him and then her eyes started to glow red before she turned back to the opponent.

"I shall carry you to victory, Yami." Crystal stood up and her body began to glow, "This is where you lose!" She then blasted the Cres of Chaos Dragon, and the remaining attack points took out some of Sage's life points.

"Not fair! That's cheating!!"

"Simply just a weak monster."

"But I have nothing else strong enough to beat you!"

"Not my fault!" Yami grinned, now getting his mojo back with knowing Crystal's got his side, "Do you pass your turn then?!"

"I do..." Sagig sighed, and Crystal started to laugh, looking at him with a wicked grin.

"You fool! You could've defended and your remaining life points would've been spared!" She aimed her attack at the boy, "But now I will take them!" Her arm started to glow before the attack erupted from her arm and attacked the remaining life points. She looked back to Yami, her eyes covered in tears, and he gasped in surprise.

"Crystal?" Yami asked, but she disappeared, and the boy walked over to him.

"This is rightfully yours..."

"No, I believe you should keep it, but allow me to dispell the evil spirit."

"Really?"

"Yes." Yami attacked the Millennium pen with his power, sending the spirit to the shadow realm.

-----Later that night-----

"Maybe the double attack hurt her?" Yami asked Yugi, who shook his head with a soft sorrowful smile.

"No, I think she was scared that she might not be able to help you." This made Yami think of a lot of things as Yugi slept, maybe she was, maybe she's trying to reach out to him for help and since she feels guilty, she's trying to get his favor.

-In the Card-

"You violated our terms! You promised!"

"Yami needed my help!"

"He's the LAST duel master Pharaoh, He will never NEED you!"

"You're wrong..."

"Crystal!"

"GO AWAY!" Crystal screamed, two minutes later, the world inside the card grew dark, "I'm not about to give up on Yami..." 

-The next morning-

"Yugi, time to go to school!" Grandpa shouted up to his room, Yugi awoke with a feeling that something was severely wrong with something, but he couldn't figure out what so he went on with his day. The day was normal, Joey and Tristen were fighting, but Yami was extremely quiet. Yugi began to wonder what could've possibly went wrong, and just as he started to relax, he went through his cards. That's when he screamed.

"My mystery card!!" Yugi's heart shattered, the image on the card was stained black, and the writing was gone. This made his friends run over to him and look, all shocked beyond belief.

"What happened Yugi?" Tea asked urgently.

"I... I don't know... Joey! Challenge me to a duel! Now!" Yugi said urgently to his friend, who nodded.

"Yugi! I challenge you to a duel!" Joey nodded and pulled out his duel disk, loaded his deck, as Yugi did the same but kept Crystal as the first card.

"I'm gonna pull her just to see..." He pulled her card and placed it on the placement slots, the card appeared. Soon enough a monotone Crystal appeared from the card, "Crystal!" She turned back to Yugi and started to reach out to him. The only color left on her body was her eyes and the ring.

"Yugi... I need the Spirit... I need the Spirit's help..." She cried out, and the millennium puzzle started to glow, before revealing Yami.

"Crystal?!" Yami ran up to her as she fell over.

"Break the mind of my ring... please...." 

"You know that could hurt you right?!" Yami stressed, as Tea looked away and Joey covered her eyes so she didn't have to watch.

"Just do it!" Crystal screamed, and Yami's forehead had the luminous glow of an eye.

"Mind shatter!" Yami's puzzle started to glow and Crystal's body was washed over with color. Her body then became very real. She ended up falling into Yami's arms, "Crystal!!" He held her tightly as Tristan ran over to her.

"We need to get her to the Clinic." Tristan picked up Crystal and she fell limp against his chest, "what did you do Yugi?"

"I had to fix her..." Yami said, his face grew dark.

They ended up taking her to the clinic, where the nurse gave her medicine and a rag for her head.

"Now you guys can check in later. She's not even dressed in our uniforms."

"She's, just visiting," Yami said in a sigh.

"Oh..." the nurse looked at her with a soft face, "She's very strong. The condition she's in is horrible. Well. Off to class you go, Muto."

"Yes..." Yami walked out and let Yugi take over, who looked down at the puzzle in sorrow.

"Yami..."