Intro

"This all belongs to me now," Shao Kahn, the long term emperor of Outworld, says as he gazes through a window in one of the rooms of the Edenian palace he is invading with Shang Tsung to his left.

It has to be at least forty stories high, overlooking the entire realm being torn apart by assassins, Tarkatans, and bandits all led by Shao Kahn himself. He has won ten Mortal Kombat tournaments in a row against the Edenians, giving him every right to take control of the entire realm regardless of how wrong it was. Fires haunt the grounds, innocents are slaughtered and the realm will now merge with Outworld.

"Yes emperor. Shall we free the imprisoned down below in the cells?" Shang Tsung insists, an evilish smirk on his face.

Shao Kahn sees no use in turning back at this point.

"No, they shall also be killed as well, unless they are of use to me," his strong words hits the atmosphere like an ice sickle to the ground.

"I see...shall we?" Shao Kahn and the sorcerer walk through the large, but beautifully carved with dragons of gold, wooden door leading through to the hallway.

Shang Tsung opens it as Shao Kahn proceeds down the long, once elegant hall with Shang Tsung following close behind. The floors were once a beautiful red with gold trimmed designs throughout every piece of carpet you could lay eyes on. Now it is stained with blood, and an occasional body here and there. Shao Kahn's minions run through the halls raiding every room and killing everyone they come across, no questions asked.

As the Emperor proceeds down the hall, his minions slow their speed as they dash by him. None dare to tempt the emperor on a deathly day as this. Screams of men and women come from every room and commotion and panic fills the entire palace as if it has become something of a slaughter house. By the time the emperor passes another room, he comes across the same horrid images; bodies on the floor, couches and beds torn, none left even slightly alive. Some bodies loiter throughout the halls, displaying their lifelessness. This pleases him as he devilishly chuckles to himself.

They arrive at the largest door in the wing, the one the current king of Edenia is surely behind. It is an all gold door plated with red dragons and with handles made of ruby, matching the rest of the castle's interior, but standing out the most.

"Now, for why we are really here," says Shang Tsung in a devious voice.

He blasts open the door with a mere energy surge from his hand. Shao Kahn enters, ready to kill whoever he sees. As they knew, the king is present, standing with a rather large blade pointed at the door near his throne, shock and determination both fill his eyes.

To his right is the queen with an infant crying in her arms that is wrapped in a silk blanket. Her face lights up with fear as her eyes land on first Shao Kahn, and then Shang Tsung. She cradles the infant closer to her chest in a protective manner as she stays behind the king, for he is her last hope, and Edenia's.

"Stay away or I will kill you! I will not let you bring harm to my family and swear, I will not let you have this palace!" he practically screams, pointing his sword outward.

The king's nervousness shows only slightly as he threatens them both, though the fear of failure is running through his entire body and mind.

"With what? That?" Shang Tsung mocks, using his foot to kick the sword away as he and Shao Kahn advance closer.

The king places his hands up in surrender as he is forced back onto his throne chair defenseless, leaving Shao Kahn the perfect and certain chance to take his life to claim Edenia for himself. Shao Kahn wastes no time; he raises the king up by the throat, choking him intensely.