➰one➰

Jack.

This is stupid. How had Jack let his friends talk him into this? This stupid idea.

He'd been sitting in this weird ass shady restaurant for, like, forty minutes now. Forty-four minutes to be exact.

Just one more minute and this weird chick talking about her hedgehog farm would be gone and probably another freak would land in the seat in front of him. Yippee.

"I have seven males an-"

"Times up!" Yelled the host person as the the time dinged.

"Oh shoot." The woman snapped. "I'll remember your number."

"Please don't." Jack muttered, rubbing a hand over his face, looking down at his lap.

The woman huffed and moved on to the next person. Someone else followed shortly behind her and sat in front of Jack.

"Time begins now, happy speed dating!" The his yelled for what felt like the millionth time.

Jack slowly lifted his head, a bored look on his face and sighed, "I'm Jack-" he froze seeing the bright red haired boy sitting in front of him. This kid couldn't be any older that eighteen, nineteen at the most. What could he possibly be doing in a place like this?

"I like your hair." He commented, staring at the two different colors. "I'm Michael."

"Thanks." Jack turned his head to the side, giving Michael a side glance, "I like yours too."

Michael smiled and tilted his head, thoroughly looking Jack over. "So we've wasted about a minute and half on this weird introduction, tell me something."

Jack raised bother eyebrows and stared blankly at Michael. "How old are you, kid?"

"Eighteen. What about you?"

Jack chuckled, he knew this boy was young.

"Twenty-six." He answered.

"Why'd you laugh when I told you my age?"

"Because you're too young to be at a place like this. You're still a teenager, why are you here?" Jack leaned back against the chair crossing his arms over his chest.

Michael sighed and propped his elbow on the table. "A bet."

"Oh, really?" Jack smirked. "What over?"

Michael rubbed at his eyes and groaned lightly, just as he was about to tell the story the timer went off.

"Well, maybe we'll have a mutual interest and I can tell you. Watch out for that lady chewing gum, she spits." Michael waved, getting up and moving on to another table.

Idek I might rewrite this it's been in my drafts for like a month