18. Sneaky Feelings

Michael's POV

As we were walking into the park, I watched as Ashton went over to Katie and put his hand on the small of her back, guiding her, as we walked. "So I've got to say, I was really surprised to see you today, but I guess that was the plan, huh?" I heard him ask with a chuckle.

She shrugged. "Personally, I thought we should just tell you, but Rose and Calum insisted on it being a surprise."

"Well, it was a very nice surprise. I'm really glad you came, Katie" he told her with a smile and a kiss on the top of her head before he walked away to go talk to Calum.

"See, I told you it was a good idea" Rose said coming up beside her, and she nodded with a slight laugh.

"Yeah, you did" Katie admitted.

"So you've been here before, right?" I heard Luke ask Katie.

"I mean, it's been a really long time, and they've changed it a lot since then, but yeah, I've been here before" she said.

"Cool. You're going to be my ride buddy then" he said, linking his arm through Katie's. I watched her glance up at Ashton, who hadn't even noticed the interaction between them.

"Okay, sure. Works for me" she said with a shrug.

"Guess that means it's a Mashton day today, because I'm not giving up Calum" Rose teased and Ashton finally looked up in confusion.

"What?" he asked.

"Luke claimed Katie, so looks like you're stuck with Mikey" Rose pointed out.

"Luke, what the hell?" Ashton said with a laugh, although there was annoyance in his voice. "Besides, it's my birthday and I can claim Calum if I want to" he teased Rose, sticking his tongue out like a child.

I laughed as Ashton wrapped his arm around mine and Calum's shoulders. "Come on guys, at least my real friends will be with me on my birthday" he teased, pulling Calum and I with him, but Cal stayed in place for a moment longer, his other arm was still around Rose's waist.

"Hang on a sec, some of us need to say goodbye to our girl first" Calum said, kissing Rose.

I watched as Katie was smiling at their cuteness and then Luke came up and put his arm around her shoulder. "Hi" she said with a laugh.

"Let's start walking, Rose will catch up" he said to her, leading her away. I noticed she gave a small wave to Ashton as they walked past him.

"They're leaving you" Calum said to Rose with a laugh.

"And Luke's already putting the moves on Katie" I said with a laugh, nodding towards them.

Ashton watched after Luke and Katie as they walked away, and then he caught Rose's arm before she could leave. "What?" she asked in surprise.

"Just – don't let them get too close, alright? She doesn't need to go getting involved with him" he begged her.

She smirked at him and shrugged. "I'll do my best, but I make no promises. Luke's a pretty charming guy" she teased as she walked away and ran to catch up.

"Let's go this way" Ashton muttered as Calum and I exchanged a knowing glance. He can deny it all he wants, but he's got feelings for that girl.

** ** **

Katie's POV

After Luke, Rose and I had ridden a few rides – which still makes no sense to me why Ashton had us split up in threes, since he made such a big deal about how now we'd have an even number for the rides – we stopped for a bit because Luke wanted to get a snack.