Chapter Three: The Truth

WARNING: This chapter will be taking a dark and depressing turn....there is mention of Rape/Non-Con elements. If you don't like it, please don't read.

I will not accept any flaming...only constructive criticism is welcomed.

}{ }{ }{ }{ }{

Kongphop glanced at the cell phone resting innocently on his desk, few inches away from his hand, before he averted his eyes back to the papers in front of him. Though it was an early Saturday morning and even though he couldn't sleep well the previous night, Kongphop was in his office since 7 o'clock, burying himself with work in a desperate attempt to get his mind off the events of last night. Still, his hand was itching for him to grab his cell phone and make the call he had been dying to make for the past three hours.

Finally, he dropped his pen, taking a deep breath before grabbing the phone and dialled the number.

}{ }{ }{ }{ }{

Dear was in his garage, trying to fix his motorcycle when his phone rang. Picking it up, he was surprised to see Kongphop's name flashing on the screen.
"Hello," he answered.
"Hello, P'Dear," Kongphop's voice seemed hesitant for some reason. "I apologize for calling you at this hour."
"It's alright, Kongphop. How can I help you?"
"Umm ...I just wanted to ask you about P'Arthit. How is he doing?"
Dear let out a soft sigh, wondering how to answer this question. It was evident that Kongphop was very worried, but Dear wasn't sure how much he was allowed to tell the other man.
"P'Dear?"
The older man snapped out from his thoughts. "Um, he's in a stable condition," he replied.
"Did you see him?"
"No," Dear replied. "but Knott said that the doctor had reassured them that Arthit's condition is stable."
"P'Dear, may I impose on you a little further?"
"Sure, Kongphop, anything you want."
"Can you, please, keep me updated on P'Arthit's condition?" Kongphop asked. "I don't think I will be welcomed at the hospital."
At that, Dear sighed, remembering the scene that Knott created at the hospital's entrance.
"I will keep you updated," he replied. "But on one condition."
"What?"
"I want you to answer me honestly about something."
"Of course."
"Why did you and Arthit break up?"
"I don't know, P'Dear," Kongphop replied. "P'Arthit broke up with me one day, suddenly, without explaining."
"Didn't you ask him?"
"I did, but he refused to give me a straight answer," Kongphop responded.
"If Arthit was the one who broke up with you, then why did Knott said that you had hurt him?"
"I don't know."
Dear sighed deeply. "Kongphop, I know that you're already engaged to someone else, but are you still in love with Arthit?"

Dear smiled softly. "No need to say anything, Kongphop," he said. "I got my answer."
"P'Dear—"
"Listen, can you meet me this evening at Bright's bar?"
"I haven't been there for a year, and I doubt that my presence will be appreciated, P'Dear."
"Don't worry. You'll be with me. Meet me there at 8 pm sharp, okay? We will talk more then."
"Okay. See you then. Bye."
"Bye." Hanging up the phone, Dear sighed, shaking his head. Even after graduation, it seemed that he was still stuck with the role of the senior to his former juniors.

}{ }{ }{ }{ }{

Kongphop stared nervously at the entrance of 'FIN JUNG,' seriously doubting that going inside was a good idea. He didn't want to repeat the little episode of the hospital in case he ran into Knott again. It wasn't that he was afraid of the older man, but it was still embarrassing to cause another scene. However, he had an appointment with Dear, and the older man would surely back him up. Taking a deep breath, he braced himself and entered the bar. The bar was crowded since it was Saturday ... even the place where Arthit and his friends always sat was taken by others. His eyes scanned for his senior but couldn't see the man anywhere, so he walked up to the front bench and ordered a glass of beer.
"Kong!" Bright's voice was as cheerful and loud as ever. "It's been too long since you came here!" The older man draped one arm over his shoulder.
"Hello, P'Bright," He greeted. "Yeah, it's been a while. I'm meeting someone here."
The older man looked at him with a serious face that didn't suit him. "Meeting someone? Who?"
"P'Dear. He told me to meet him here," Kongphop replied.
Bright frowned upon hearing that. What would Dear want Kongphop for? He was about to ask when someone slapped his back.
"Hello, Bright," Dear said. "Kongphop, how are you?"
"Hello, P'Dear." Both men greeted back.
"Bright, I want a large glass of scotch and a private place so that I can talk to Kongphop."
"Will my office do?" asked Bright.
"Perfectly."
"Oi, Dear!" The three looked behind and saw Tum followed closely by Knott approaching them.
Kongphop looked at Knott uneasily, but the older man chose to ignore his presence altogether. After greeting each other, Tum looked at Dear.
"Are you ready?" He asked.
"Yes, Bright offered us his office."
"Good. I want a scotch, Bright," Tum said.
"Me too." Knott seconded.
With that, the four men headed back to Bright's office.