Chapter Twelve: Desperate Measures

Hi, everyone...

The new update is here. I hope you will like it.

Please, if you enjoyed the story, don't forget to vote, comment and review...😘😘😘

}{ }{ }{ }{ }{

One week later, Friday Morning...

Kongphop looked up at the wall clock and sighed upon seeing that it was still 9:00 am. He was having a hard time focusing on his work while Detective Gun was in the next room, interviewing the employees. Upon the detective's request, Kongphop had arranged for him, almost a week ago, the meeting room adjacent to his office to interview the employees linked to Arthit's attack and had put four security guards at his disposal. Kongphop wanted to be present during the interviews, but the detective didn't allow it.

Kongphop looked at the closed door that led to the meeting room and sighed. An entire hour had passed since the detective started the interviews and Kongphop was becoming restless. Unable to withstand the suspense or even focus on his work, he stood up and left his office.

He was on his way to the rooftop of the building where a small garden was set for the employees to enjoy their breaks when Kongphop heard someone calling his name. Looking behind, he saw his oldest brother-in-law approaching. The younger man took a deep breath. He and his brothers-in-law hadn't been on the best terms for over one year and talking to either of them had become a burdensome task.

"How may I help you, P'?" he asked in a flat voice.

"What is this?" the older man asked as he presented a memo to the younger man.

Glancing at the paper, Kongphop looked up. "It's a notice for an interview with a police detective," he replied flatly. "He's at the meeting room adjacent to my office. He'll be calling you when your turn comes."

"An interview with a police detective?" the older man asked. "May I ask why?"

"You'll know when you're there."

With that, Kongphop turned to leave, but the other man stopped him by holding his wrist. Kongphop looked down at the hand holding his before looking up at the man with cold eyes.

"Let go, P'," he demanded coldly.

"Not before I got some answers," the other man said sharply.

Kongphop stared challengingly at the older man for a few moments before he sighed. "Fine," he said. "Come with me to the rooftop café."

With that, he turned around and resumed his walking, followed by the older man.

}{ }{ }{ }{ }{

The two sat opposite to each other at a secluded table in the café on the rooftop as a waiter brought them their drinks.

"What do you want to know?" Kongphop asked once they were alone.

"I want to know what is going on?" The older man asked. "Who is this detective and what he's investigating?"

"A crime was committed over a year ago," Kongphop replied. "And it seemed that one or more of our employees were involved in it. This detective is here to investigate."

"A crime? One or more of our employees?" the man exclaimed in utter shock. "That's impossible! Our employees are the best of the best. They are the finest people in all of the country!"

Kongphop raised a questioning eyebrow at the older man's declaration. "Really? How do you know that they are the finest people in all of the country?" he asked with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. "Are you able to know their inner thoughts, P'? Or what is it in their hearts? Every single one of them?"