Chapter Twenty-Six: Final Showdown

Hi,

How are you all?

Here is chapter 26 of my story. I hope you will like it.

Next week, my team will start our duty in the hospital for 14 days so I'm not sure if I'll be able to write so I'm sorry to say that I may not be able to write. But I promise to try!

This chapter is edited by Grammarly only, so please forgive my mistakes.

Special thanks to @Seren_dipitous 😍and @yodacapos 😍for their valuable help in writing this chapter. I wouldn't have made it without them ^^

Your votes, comments and reviews are highly welcomed and appreciated.

}{ }{ }{ }{ }{

Saturday afternoon,

Siriporn watched with irritation as Arthit and Kongphop continued the cold war, that had been going on between them since Friday morning, over the table as the four ate their lunch. And because Phet had been practically living at the station due to a case for almost two week, she found herself stuck with playing the role of the house's elder; not to mention that she was forced to sleep in his house's office.

'And would he even think of asking me if I can do it or not first?' she thought grimly to herself. 'Oh, no! He just leaves and shoves everything upon me!'

She let out a soft growl as she tried hard to ignore the two men and focus on her meal but failed miserably.

"Alright!" Siriporn startled everyone at the table with her sudden exclamation. "I will not tolerate such behaviour any longer."—she shot the two men a glare— "You will tell me what on Earth is going between you two NOW!"

Arthit glared at Kongphop before he averted his face, refusing to talk while Kongphop growled at the older man before he turned his attention to the waiting psychiatrist. "P'Gun wants Arthit to testify in court," he explained. "But P'Arthit is refusing. Plus, there is some information that he had been hiding from P'Gun."

"They are irrelevant information," Arthit objected.

"They are not," Kongphop said. "Besides, it's not your place to decide the relevancy of your information. It's P'Gun's job."

Arthit glowered at the younger man. "I don't want to do it."

"You don't have the right to object," Kongphop said coldly. "You've promised me, P'!"

Hearing this, Arthit rose from his seat angrily. "She's your mother, Kongphop!" he yelled heatedly. "Don't you care that she would be thrown into jail if I testified?"

Kongphop stared at the older man with an emotionless expression and cold eyes. "If she were thrown into jail, then she had brought it upon herself," he said with a chilling voice that caused Siriporn and Kiet to shiver slightly. "I won't lose a wink over her. And you had promised that you would listen and do whatever I say without any objection."

Arthit glared at Kongphop for few moments before left the kitchen, ranting under his breath. Seeing that Kongphop didn't intend to go after his lover, Kiet quickly rose from his seat and followed the fuming Arthit out.

"What was that promise about?" Siriporn asked once they were alone.

Kongphop sighed before he related the conversation that took place between the two of them upon his return that night.

Siriporn let a deep, defeated sigh as Kongphop concluded his tale. She was surprised that the intelligent man would commit such a blunder.

"Tell me, N'Kong, do you think it's fair to make such a request to someone with a personality like Arthit's?" she asked sternly.