//

Day 2:

The next day, after that encounter with Kasey. My mother told me to lighten up and add enthusiasm to my sentences.

I'm feeling super, super suicidal!

My mother and I live in a two bedroom, one bathroom and one living room and a small kitchen apartment. My dad and brother moved somewhere in California living the rich life. In their 4 story mansion.

I don't won't to live with them, I'd rather be with my mum even if it meant barely living. We had a special bond, I guess. We may not have much money, seeing as my mum works at the grocer. But we'll live, we have been for 12 years.

Even if we're stuck in the druggo part of Sydney, we'll be fine.

"Bye mum" I shouted as I left the apartment, closing the door which had a wooden "3" stuck to it. I swung my school bag over my left shoulder and started to walk to school.

Today is going to be crap, I can feel it.

When my mum was working at the grocery store, someone left an iPhone 4 behind so she let me have it. I don't seem poor, but I truly am.

My mums income is $190 a week, we're the opposite of rich. I've had to stay home when the other students go on camp, and my mum feels horrible about it each week.

But I don't blame her, I blame dad.

Why should he be living the rich life when my mother and I are barely scraping enough money to buy a chocolate bar? He disgusts me.

If only my mum knew what I do..

I have a friend, his name is Michael. He's such a nice guy, he's my best friend. He just has enough money to buy alcohol and weed. He is 19 and lives with his roommate Ashton.

Michael and Ashton let me use their stuff, you could say. They had a rough life too just like me. Apparently, I've got it worse then anyone.

I disagree.

Anyways, my mum thinks that I'm a good girl, of course. Except, I always hide my report card. She'll never see my horrid grades. I never handed in my mums contact details, she'll never be notified.

Nothing, she receives nothing. I didn't do it for my sake, though. I don't want to put stress on the poor lady. She struggles enough paying the $140 dollar rent.

I don't even have a bed, instead I have a mattress on the concrete floor. I guess I've made it clear that we're barely living.

I finally made it to school, so I walked through the gate. I heard a throaty chuckle from behind so I quickly turned around.

Oh no..

It was my brother, Carter.

"Hello sister" he smirked at me.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked, really confused. Carter just rolled his eyes.

"Well, I missed Sydney so.. Here I am!" He giggled, now it was my turn to roll my eyes.

"We don't have any room for you" I snapped, how can he just come back into our lives like this? So sudden and without warning?

"You're just saying that" he taunted, but little did he know that I was being serious. He'd have to sleep on the couch or something.

"I'm being serious, we live in a two bedroom apartment" Carter's eyes widened, "we're poor, go back to California and go sleep in your two-story bedroom"

"And to think, I actually missed you" he muttered, "can you just take me back to mum and stop lying right to my face"

He didn't believe me. My own brother doesn't fucking believe me.

"Alright then, come see" I walked out the gates and strutted down the street like the sassy bitch I am.

"Why didn't you just bring the car?" He asked, I sighed and slapped my forehead.

"We don't own a car, dumbass" his eyes widened for the second time. Then he relaxed and shook his head,

"You hate me that much" I groaned and continued to walk.

We finally reached the apartment building, and I headed towards the staircase. We reached the second story and walked to room 3. I got my key out of my bag and saw the shiny metal.

If I think about blades when I see metal, I must truly be sad.

The key unlocked the door and I walked in,

"This is it" I told Carter who stood in the doorway with a disgusted look on his face.

"You're joking, right?" I plastered a fake smile on my face and shook my head.

"Nup"

Just in that second, mum walked in.

"What are yo- oh! Carter?" She got a little teary and dragged him in for a hug. Carter backed away slightly.

"You guys live here?" Mum looked upset that Carter didn't hug her, but nodded.

I swear I heard him mutter "ew" under his breath. I hated him already.

"So you've decided to come live with yeh mum and yeh 16 year old sister!" Mum clapped with delight, her Japanese accent showing slightly.

"Um, yeah" he smiled fakely, it was obvious.

He hated it here because he was used to pretty California.

"Only for two weeks or so" he added, making mums face drop.

And it kind of made my heart drop too, I may despise him. But he is my brother..

I felt sad yet again, oh the joy. I was feeling so down, I just.. I just can't do it any more.